What's new
What's new

Inserting an Attachment into the First Post

Peter Miles

Cast Iron
There has been significant discussion regarding a supposed inability to insert an attachment into the first post in a thread until after the post has been stored.

I'm trying something different here - I'm going to insert an existing attachment from a Photo Album in Practical Machinist.

1684-miter-guage-assembly.jpg

The above photo is in one of my personal albums. In another Internet Explorer (IE) browser window, I opened the album and selected and displayed the above photo.

I then right-clicked on the photo and selected the Copy context menu command.

I then changed back to this IE session in which I had been composing this message. I clicked with my mouse to the point below the text where I wanted to position the photo, and did a right-click and chose the Paste command to insert the photo, which was immediately displayed in the body of the message.

I will now check that the message appears correct by choosing the Preview Post command.

That verified that the post looks as I expect it to look. Now, I will choose the Submit New Thread button to actually complete the creation of the new thread.

I will then view the new thread and describe the outcome of this experiment in the next post in this thread.

As I expected from my previous photo posting activities, my experiment in the previous post above worked as desired.

Conclusion: a photo can be attached to the first post in a new thread if the photo is in a PM photo album.

Back