What's new

Off topic pic of tree

D Nelson

Stainless
Was at farm clearing pasture. Have you ever seen a meaner looking tree
447459d55484ae26b012c61b36488a39.jpg
I just had to take a picture of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one of those things here on the farm, sucks to get to close to it with the mower. Their is about 5000 ways to end up with holes in you if you get to close. Does anyone know what it is?

"I think that I shall never see a thing lovely as a tree..." I suppose one might admire this tree - in the same way one might admire a crocidile.

"I think that I shall never see a thing lovely as a tree..." I suppose one might admire this tree - in the same way one might admire a crocidile.

Had a "run in" with an alligator on the golf course here last year. I was a good ways away from it but still scared the crap out of me! :D
Growing up we had one of those trees in the yard, yuck.

Gleditsia triacanthos. Honeylocust for sure. There is a thornless variety called the Moraine locust that is popular in urban & suburban areas. The wood is pretty impressive too. It glows under black light.

Here in WV nothing is flat. Last year I had some clearing done with a bunch of nasty briars and trees on a hill too steep for a tractor. Local guy has a clearing business and has a rayco 160hp forrestry mulcher. It is like a small dozer with the tazmanian devil strapped to the front. What a toy.

C2 Forestry Mulcher | Forestry Machines | Ohio | Rayco Mfg.
C1L RAYCO Forestry Mulcher - YouTube

I would like to drive one of those down the 91 and see how fast people get out of my way:mad5:

Back