What's new
What's new

Posting test Landis grinder

My B&S uses a knob equipped shot pin. Out the spindle is "live". in it is "dead", but of course the dog driver rotates so you can grind work between a set of "dead" centers. Typical of UNIVERSAL cylindrical grinders.

"live" for when you want to use the spindle mounted grinding chuck

Thumbnail is a set up using the chuck

This is the workhead,,,,,the hole on the right and the dog are somehow used to make the spindle dead yet outer rotates ?

Attachments

• P1000407.jpg
    P1000407.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 233
View attachment 184345

This is the workhead,,,,,the hole on the right and the dog are somehow used to make the spindle dead yet outer rotates ?

That's correct. I had one like that (12 x 26), but older. There should be a 5/16 setscrew in the hole shown. When engaged the inner and outer turn as one. When you take the screw out a pin should follow. I always rotated the head so the hole was down. The pin would fall out. Now the center is stationary to where you can install your center. On the rotating outer are tapped holes to hold you dogs. If you don't have a center and it's not a Morse taper then it's probably a Brown & Sharpe #7. This is from memory and also an older machine. Good luck.

Back