What's new

test trying to add images. my images do not attach

woodchuckNJ

Cast Iron
this is a test
Trying to add an image.

I attach the file in the file chooser
hit upload and nothing happens.rEcKjMm.jpg

this is ridiculous, there's a file chooser, but it won't upload the file.
yet if I point to a web site it downloads it... that's ridiculous to have to upload an image to a remote location to get it on here.

rEcKjMm.jpg

An image saved on my computer. Size is 142kb.
"Go Advanced"
"Manage Attachments"

pop-up window appears
"Add Files"
"Browse"
I select the image from a location in my computer........
Click on the image, then
"Open"
In the same pop-up window click...
"Upload"
maximum of five images per post window.....
Click within the post dialog as to where the image should be pasted....
"Insert Online"
5.jpg
"Submit Reply"

EZ-PZ
John

thanks, but not ez pz.

so much different than every other forum I have ever been on. All just use file chooser, and submit.

so much more difficult.

Thank you.rEcKjMm.jpg

I upload my pictures in a album on my memberpage Then I copy and paste the BBC code (which you find if you open the picture in your album ) in the text
That way it is there to stay Not happening what happened with Photobucket a while ago Loosing a lott of pictures making many posts useless

Peter

I upload my pictures in a album on my memberpage Then I copy and paste the BBC code (which you find if you open the picture in your album ) in the text
That way it is there to stay Not happening what happened with Photobucket a while ago Loosing a lott of pictures making many posts useless

Peter

image size is fine its 76kb.
very frustrating.

PM is the only site I have problems with.

I have not had a problem in the past uploading pics, new computer and now its not working. I go to Advanced, click on Manage attachments, Add files, Choose file, double click on pic I want, hit upload and nothing happens. Any suggestions?

I have not had a problem in the past uploading pics, new computer and now its not working. I go to Advanced, click on Manage attachments, Add files, Choose file, double click on pic I want, hit upload and nothing happens. Any suggestions?

same here.
what browser are you using?

20200328_215212.jpgtesting using IE

so the problem appears to be chrome, and I suspect that this is due to using flash player to upload. flash is discontinued

the funny thing is that this image appears correctly with all viewers, but it inserts upside down and displays back upside down.

Must be my antique equip

ALL uploading on desktop (Win 10 and Firefox) - though photos are now taken by the "phone" (and emailed to desktop for processing)

See my grinding posts in General today

PM ALWAYS resizes for me - regardless of how large a file size

I only use the "insert image" icon (and Go Advanced)

My favorite for good size low file size "pictures"

ATW Triple BG 1915.jpg

Back