What's new
What's new

What's the ticket for full size inline images?

W_Higgins

Hot Rolled
I used to do this with photos on my Fotki account, but I've divorced them and closed the account. I tried with the storage here and all I get is the thumbnail that has to be enlarged. The result was the same with Google Photos. I'd like to put up a few step-by-step posts where people don't have to click back and forth while reading just to see what's what. Is there still a way to do it or has the forum software changed?

Once you have the thumbnail in the post edit window, double click on the thumbnail and choose full size, then save the post. This is not posted anywhere, I just poked about until I found it.

Before you upload the photo, reduce it to about 800 wide and compress it as much as reasonable to prevent the forum software from compressing it and shrinking it much further. If you want lots of detail visible, you'll still need to post them elsewhere and make links like you did before, these are limits set by the forum operator.

Thanks for that! I've done a lot of searching and not found what you suggest. I'll play with it on my next regular post. I like the idea of the photos being stored here so I don't go through a repeat of the Fotki debacle in the future. Does it limit how many you can do per post?

Should I decide that posting them here isn't getting the detail I want, any suggestions on where to post them elsewhere? Google Photos didn't do it for me and I've read Photobucket is in the toilet.

. Does it limit how many you can do per post?
5 photos. I like Flickr.com so far, I hope it doesn't get popular and become like Photobucket.

If you go edit a post with an uploaded thumbnail, you should be able to change the thumbnail to a full size photo.

resize image and use jpg and compress at 75% never had a problem with file limit. sure usually image is 640 by 480 pixels or smaller but usually thats enough.
its people who want to upload 5mp or bigger pictures who have problem. another way is to use Microsoft snipping tool. what ever is on screen you can save a part of it as a image thats already a smaller size image or zoom out with whatever you are viewing image with then snipping tool get part of whats on screen

The forum used to have a size limit on pictures, and if you tried a larger file it would just fail. Then at some point it started working, i.e. you could upload any size image. However, the software shrunk the size to something quite small by default, so I think its better to continue doing it the old way, edit the file size to 800 x 800 or so and then upload without getting it shrunk.

Back