What's new
What's new

Display Is Wider Than My Screen

charlie gary

Stainless
Sometimes I open up a post and see that it is running off the right edge of my screen. Here is an example- http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/mazak/new-info-old-post-201267/#post1324933
The reply is normal width, but the original post is bigger than my screen, with no option to scroll to the side and read what runs off the edge. Is there a way to fix this short of getting a wide-screen monitor? My screen size doesn't affect my work, so I highly doubt my employer will buy me a bigger monitor just so I can peruse forums.

However not having the option to scroll sideways is not right. Try resizing the browser window, maybe the scroll bar is hidden under the task bar.

Click the middle mouse button, and hold it down, it will allow you to move the screen in any direction that it spills over to.

Or atleast it should. If it works let me know.

Also what web browser are you using?

Dimitri

Thanks for the suggestion, Dmitri, but I have no middle mouse button.

I can scroll over to see the rest of the text, but I have to go back and forth to read each line. The problem is not that the display is off to one side, but that it is too wide for the screen......but not every post is like this.

Puzzling.

Right click anywhere on the desktop screen and look for resolution.

Different versions slightly different so you may need to hunt.

Your screen resolution. May be too low, try a different one.

Look in device manager and click on monitor and have computer check to see if it can determine what it is to update driver.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Back