What's new
What's new

How does one remove previously uploaded images from this site?

CalG

Diamond
Some images that have been posted to this sight are now old and irrelevant. What is the procedure to remove them? A "delete" function did not present it's self during an initial investigation.

TIA

You don't. Edit is what is required, and that is only available (ever notice the edit button?) for like 24 hours from original posting

Any further deletions / editing are in the owner's or his staff's purview - and good luck on that:D

You don't. Edit is what is required, and that is only available (ever notice the edit button?) for like 24 hours from original posting

Any further deletions / editing are in the owner's or his staff's purview - and good luck on that:D
He was talking about photos, not posts, and I have noticed the same thing. Have a few old ones, they just get in the way, wouldn't mind removing them but see no way to do that.

Here is a screen shot suggesting the possibility of deleting photos from your album - if that is where they are

Screeen Shot.jpg

I have not tried this to see if it actually works

I don't see any way to delete those

Another screen shot for Settings - Attachments

If you check the open box, go to bottom of page, click on Delete Selected, you get rid of that one - supposedly. As can be seen, this file can get out of hand - like way too many

Not tried this myself - not sure at all what happens to your post(s) with that image - does it (the image) just disappear?

Other Scren Shot.jpg

You are welcome - de be aware it removes image from wherever it is posted - like Post #7

John
Your help is appreciated.
Removing pics from the posts works fine, it didn't appear to take them out of the home folder however.
Removing uploaded pics from the attachments /home folder is what I'm after. That panel is getting cluttered.
. The pics can be selected from the home folder to be placed into any post, but there does not appear to be a "remove from folder /put in trash function.

If you see a way........

John
Your help is appreciated.
Removing pics from the posts works fine, it didn't appear to take them out of the home folder however.
Removing uploaded pics from the attachments /home folder is what I'm after. That panel is getting cluttered.
. The pics can be selected from the home folder to be placed into any post, but there does not appear to be a "remove from folder /put in trash function.

If you see a way........

I did not do but the one - illustrated in Post #7. That file is now gone from the long list illustrated in Post #6 - so I tend to assume it DOES remove them from home or attachment list:)

I have two of the same pics in the home folder that are up side down and I can't delete them.:angry:
Deleting them like in post #6 does NOT delete it in the home folder.

Does anyone know how to do this?:confused:

When I had put 50 photos in my album it wouldn't let me post any more full size pictures.
So I deleted one like John did and it did remove the photo from my album and old post.
Is there a way to post more than 50 full size photos without having to delete some to make room?

Back