What's new
What's new

Anyone know who I could get to do a pre-purchase inspection in NJ?

Vorsprung

Plastic
Looking at a used Mori Seiki machine in New Jersey, unfortunately I'm 3000km away. Anyone able to recommend a trustworthy technician who's able to do a pre-purchase inspection in that area? Machine is a big mill turn unit, looks to be in decent condition from the other side of the internet, but that's a foggy lens to look through at the best of times. I'm in Canada so flying over to inspect myself means a month spent in quarantine.

Should I be contacting Mori themselves?

Have you checked into the rigging, transport and importation costs? It might save you (and the potential inspector) time to get an estimate of that first.

Good call, however we've done a fair bit of that in the past, have a pretty reasonable idea of what we're facing.

Unfortunately it seems what was the norm a year ago is not reality today, and international as well as interprovincial borders are hardening.. This is definitely including commercial shipments. I’m hoping things will improve in, maybe spring? But right now, and I’m waiting for a smaller machine from US, I’d suggest caution. Things are taking way longer and are sometimes just not happening. Hopefully, if you proceed with an $80,000 (?) machine, your luck will be better.

Prob not my business- don’t know of many businesses in Whistler BlackComb that could use the proposed machine. Where’s it going?

L7

Unfortunately it seems what was the norm a year ago is not reality today, and international as well as interprovincial borders are hardening.. This is definitely including commercial shipments. I’m hoping things will improve in, maybe spring? But right now, and I’m waiting for a smaller machine from US, I’d suggest caution. Things are taking way longer and are sometimes just not happening. Hopefully, if you proceed with an $80,000 (?) machine, your luck will be better.

Prob not my business- don’t know of many businesses in Whistler BlackComb that could use the proposed machine. Where’s it going?

L7

We ship stuff cross border daily and have imported significant sized equipment of comparable value from the US since covid hit. It hasn't been too bad for us.

Anyway back on topic please - just looking for an inspection guy at this point. Shipping is a separate concern.

Back