What's new
What's new

Belts for Clausing 5930 Series

Texasbowhunter

Aluminum
Good afternoon guys...I'm in need of a bit of guideness here on the topic of belts...I picked a clean Clausing 12 x 36 Clausing 5930 series lathe and have cleaned it up and been using it to get acquainted with the magic it has...
I have determined that I Should replace the belts for the unit...They seem dry and cracked and I have the time to change them now rather then later when I'm in the middle of a project...
I have a manual for the unit's serial number and have found that the 2 belts I'm seeking are:
Timing Belt- 051-051 serpentine belt
Motor Belt- 051-034 V-Belt
This is a manual speed lathe
I have read that the mfg. is very proud of there belts and there are other sources out there...
Help me source out the places where I can obtain the belts required for the replacement...or the new part numbers for these belts so I can find them...

Thanks for the help
Paul

If you have the old belts, look on them for numbers and call a local Industrial Bearing Store (not an auto store), they have belts. They go by the belt number and won't have a clue about the lathe. If the numbers are worn away,take the belts to the customer service desk at the Bearing store.

Kaman Industrial technology's has several locations in Texas and they can drop ship.
Great belt selection and if not in stock they can pull it from one of there other locations.
There on line do a search for Kaman Industrial tech.

Back