What's new
What's new

Biax hand & Power scraper info. All types too

Richard King

Diamond
I started to write in the Russian Blades thread and figured no one would ever read it so here we go. The following is a booklet DAPRA Corp. The USA importer of the Power scraper wrote and used to mail out. It is GREAT info on the scrapers. Biax Scraper Literature - 1991 The same info works for hand and power scraping. No mater what brand or home made scraper you have.

It is the Green Matabo Motor models, but the info is the same for all. Page 6 has a bell chart that you can follow to set the stroke length, grind the blade radius, typical PPI and technique needed. I should note: I am the USA and International BIAX Factory Instructor. I am affiliated with both DAPRA BIAX USA, BIAX Germany, BIAX Switzerland. BIAX is one of the many products of Schmid & Wetzel GmbKG H & Company in Maulbronn Germany.

I am also a distributor for DAPRA. I tend to not sell the products, just teach people to use them. I will gladly help anyone in need. I am also a "Master" Journeyman Machine Tool Rebuilder and have been teaching people to hand, power scrape and rebuild used machine tools, build new machine tools, teach machine alignment, leveling, etc. I am very fortunate that Practical Machinist lets me help here.

Here is another chart that BIAX sent me on Older Scraper models and the years they were made. All scrapers on the list are considered obsolete, but you can see these machines still running as good as the day they were built in many cases. The Biax green motor Motabo models are also now called obsolete, but motor parts are still available from Matabo. It is the same motor they supply with reciprocation VS hand saws (skill type)
Scraper Models-ALL.docx I can send a link if this doesn't open. You can also buy electrical motor brushes for these older models by measuring them and ordering them from MSD direct out of their catalog. Some fitting may need to be done.

I still teach classes on scraping and will tell all the PM readers here on class schediules. Many of my fine students contribute here as we feel this forum is the best available on the Internet. If anyone has questions please ask here or private message me. Richard King, King-Way Scraping Consultants

I think you didn't manage to add the second link Richard. Probably too late to edit your post now :bawling:.

If the forum software won't allow you to add it, I can put it on my web server for folks to download if you want. Can also put the first one up on my server (which doesn't ask for a credit card to download either). Just email it/them to randm<at>internettie.co.uk

Regards
Mark

Mark...PM your email and I'll forward it to you. It doesn't include the serial numbers and dates for the green machines and I will see if I can get that from Biax and add it. Thanks. Rich

Back