What's new
What's new

Biax tooling

jcollings

Aluminum
Looking for recommendations or private people for scrapers hand/or power for sale.

Yes I'm aware of the commercial vendors
and ebay .

Asking more so as to this site and knowledge.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I would recommend putting a ‘WTB’ in your title so folks with spares know to click on the thread.

What exactly are you looking for? All things related to scraping? Anderson scrapers? Biax scrapers?

I have a bunch of hand scrapers, I'll get some photos after I get home tomorrow. I get $25 for a used carbide scraper. I also have Sandvik carbide blades for $25 that I could put whatever radius you want on them and sharpen the 8 cutting edges to the angle of your choice. It's easy to make a scrape out of a piece of 1 inch wide hot roll to hold these blades. I'll get a photo of one for reference.

Thank you other brother,
You can PM me if you choose . Sandvic 20mm tool is one, also a 30mm .

JC

If you take one of my scraping classes you can call DAPRA the USA Biax importer and say your a Richard King Student they will give you a 10% discount. Many of the classes go together and buy as a group and they give more % off. I am a distributor, but seldom sell the small stuff. There is also a friend of mine in Milford MI his company name is ES Dyjak and he repairs old Biaxs, he may have some old machines. In the hay day of MI auto building days Ed and his father sold more new BIAX's then anyone in the world. 3801 Stobart Rd, Milford, 48380
Phone: (248) 684-4260

Richard, just wanted to ask if you know these people want their phone number posted publicly? As they have a business I am sure they wouldnt mind but I just wanted you to think about if first.

If you are certain it is ok I will make this information a sticky at the top of the forum.

Charles

Thank you so much Mr King.
You are the authority on all scraping as I'm aware.
Someone has told me that the old biax power scrapers the blue models are not wanted, as no repair parts available compared to the silver body ones.
is that a true statement?

Yes, I know I have too many hand scrapers. Some of these are new and I paid more than $25, but I will take $50 for the new ones. I use 3 of the scrapers in the photos, so not all of them are for sale.

The closeups are of a simple design to hold the Sandvik blades.

The last photo is a unique rubber pad that came in a lot of scraping stuff.

Daryl

Attachments

• 20200131_090248.jpg
    20200131_090248.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 130
  • 20200131_090259.jpg
    20200131_090259.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 20200131_090638.jpg
    20200131_090638.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 100
  • 20200131_090649.jpg
    20200131_090649.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 20200131_090356.jpg
    20200131_090356.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 103
Thank you so much Mr King.
You are the authority on all scraping as I'm aware.
Someone has told me that the old biax power scrapers the blue models are not wanted, as no repair parts available compared to the silver body ones.
is that a true statement?

I have one of the old blue ones and Ed Dyjak was a big help with it. He sent me a parts list and highlighted what he could still get in case I needed it. The motors are obsolete and most of your larger or more complicated parts are a no-go, but stuff like the bearings and a lot of other small parts are still available. The old motor brush's no longer available from Dapra (Biax), but Ed stocks a generic replacement that works just fine.

One weak spot in the Blue Biax's is the sliding plates on the bottom of the head. They're exposed and tend to go without oil so they wear out. The plates are obsolete, but I've seen where some guys will surface grind them flat, then use shim stock under them to get them to proper height (which is something I'll need to do on mine sooner or later).

IMO if you're scraping on a regular basis, a new (or newer used) Biax will pay for itself. If your demand isn't too much and you take care of your tools, an old blue one that still runs could be nursed along.

What about the availability of the one nylon gear in there, or fiber gear that contact's it's I think the worm drive from the motor

What about the availability of the one nylon gear in there, or fiber gear that contact's it's I think the worm drive from the motor

Can't remember off the top of my head, but I'll check my list later. I remember he mentioned that the fan blade on the motor was not available and to be super careful with them because they are so fragile.

I spoke to Ed and he said sure. I checked on the net and it said Ed was permanently closed and Ed was shocked. Said someone on the net must be nuts. Dapra and Ed as a matter of fact have the phone numbers all over the net. So do I and you have my permission to post mine. 651 338 8141. My company name is King-Way Scraping Consultants.

Something a student told me is you can buy carbon brushes of several sizes from McMaster Carr that are cheap. McMaster-Carr Many motor parts for the green Biax motors can be bought from Matabo power tool repair shops. RC99 one of our members in an old thread said the motor used for the VS saber saw was the same as the Biax motor.

Back