What's new
What's new

Busch Precision is Up and Running again.

Richard King

Diamond
Hello all,

Last week we had a Busch employee attend our MN scraping class. Many of you recall approx. 5 years ago Busch closed and had an auction where Cash Masters bought the planner and many of you bought their surplus straight edges.. The former owners sold their company name and product line to
American Exchanger Services Busch Precision back in action

Kellen Maldoon, one of the owners attended the class and he brought one of their parallel straight edge, an Aluminum square with a cast iron face. Look at his shirt and you will see the Busch Company logo.

Attachments

• 20210714_172408.jpg
    20210714_172408.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 228
  • 20210716_135716.jpg
    20210716_135716.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 212
  • 20210716_174135.jpg
    20210716_174135.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 208
  • 20210717_120105_resized_1.jpg
    20210717_120105_resized_1.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 198
This isn't that new, cash does the grinding work, and the person who now owns the "brand" just subs all the work out, which is mostly the local Milwaukee area shops.

It's always good to see that a company has "young blood" learning/knowing the finer tasks, like scraping. Too many companies have one old timer in the back that knows how to do something and once he kicks the bucket, the company just discontinues that item or service.

Max, It may not be new to you, but it was new to me and from the likes I have received many others did not know either.

I used to teach at Busch Precision 20 years ago. I trained the majority of their rebuilders to power scrape. The Busch family sold the company to a company and they liquidated it with an auction. Cash told me he met the new owner, who owns About American Exchanger Services at the auction and he bought the Patterns.

This past week I met the owners son and he told me how they are making the Busch Line now, They have 1 rebuilder who worked for Busch who is swamped with work. One of the other former employee's started a company that works at power plants. I just got off the phone with Kellen and he said yes they do sub out grinding to cash, and other Milwaukee shops and he is proud they ddo that.. AM EX, they have huge fab shop too.

20210714_172408.jpg20210716_135716.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the new Busch company building up inventory again? I did inquire about a 30” straight edge rough casting or machined a few years back and was told they only cast to order with significant lead time. And required full payment up front. Would have been happy to buy a rough casting if they had stock, but no way am I going to give anyone money for a 5-6 month estimated lead time.

I do wish the new company success, please take the above as a suggestion. And I totally understand if the previous Busch line is just a tiny sideline for a business with a different priority and selling castings/straight edges etc. isn’t their focus.

L7

Is the new Busch company building up inventory again? I did inquire about a 30” straight edge rough casting or machined a few years back and was told they only cast to order with significant lead time. And required full payment up front. Would have been happy to buy a rough casting if they had stock, but no way am I going to give anyone money for a 5-6 month estimated lead time.

I do wish the new company success, please take the above as a suggestion. And I totally understand if the previous Busch line is just a tiny sideline for a business with a different priority and selling castings/straight edges etc. isn’t their focus.

L7

Stan I emailed Busch and copied you...

Just got a nice email from the new Busch owner. Sounds like they are building up inventory again and bringing back the previous line. Added bonus is this is made in North America castings. Hope they do well!

L7

Last time I was there was probably 10 years ago or so. Fantastic shop. They rebuild a large double action press for the plant.
Looks to be about the same capability. Did they do a complete dispersal of the machines? and then bring in new ones.
Dave

Last time I was there was probably 10 years ago or so. Fantastic shop. They rebuild a large double action press for the plant.
Looks to be about the same capability. Did they do a complete dispersal of the machines? and then bring in new ones.
Dave

They had a large short notice auction, everything was dispersed. The collection of machines was impressive as was the amount of tooling they had collected over 100 years.

Hello all,

Last week we had a Busch employee attend our MN scraping class. Many of you recall approx. 5 years ago Busch closed and had an auction where Cash Masters bought the planner and many of you bought their surplus straight edges.. The former owners sold their company name and product line to
American Exchanger Services Busch Precision back in action

Kellen Maldoon, one of the owners attended the class and he brought one of their parallel straight edge, an Aluminum square with a cast iron face. Look at his shirt and you will see the Busch Company logo.
Richard, do you know how thick the cast iron faces are on those? From the photo they look like 1/2" or so.

Back