Can You Learn To Scrape from a Book or a Forum or ? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I apprenticed as a machine tool fitter and builder nearly thirty years ago before the final death throes of the British machine tool industry. My employer moved to east Europe in 2002 and tbh since then for the most part ive worked as a machinist with the odd bit machine repair but theres not much left where I live
    It had became a obsolete non trade in my part of the country, indeed non of my co workers who are young enough to still be working (or alive!)are no longer involved with engineering
    Despite my attempt at a joke earlier I must thank Richard for raising the profile of our trade and allow me pride to say Im(was)a machine tool fitter and for people (machinists) to see what can be attained with almost basic fitting tools

2. Likes Richard King liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Richard, in another forum I mentioned that I met Paulo at Tuckahoe this past weekend as he was demonstrating his scraping skills you taught him. I intend on starting to volunteer in their shop and I'm hoping to eventually get some lessons from Paulo so he can pass along the great knowledge you gave him.

4. Likes Richard King liked this post