Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob F. View Post
    That looks better in the pic. That is more like what you want to see, paint that got on wet and flowed a bit. For your dry spray problem the amount of thinner is not as important as the speed in which it dries - more thinner will just make it run. Leave the can open for a while if you got to much thinner in it, stir often to keep a skin from forming on top.
    Just keep the gun close, adjust it for more paint volume if you can, and also adjust the fan so it is wide. Dont worry about getting runs, they will sand out very easy and you need to know at what point it will run so you can correct for it with faster travel, farther away or adjust gun volume for less paint.
    I have the fluid control knob and fan control out pretty far. Yeah I think my speed may have been to fast. I will sand the dry spray areas and give it a try again. The wind has been an issue lately, it died down just enough to try and paint today. Then tomorrow it might rain, makes it hard to accomplish this on my off days. I think the next try I should get some improvement. Thanks for the help.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

1.4 is way small for putting on primer with a syphon gun, a gravity fed needs less nozzle dia and then I'd still want around 2mm for primer. Just get a cheapy off Amazon, back off the thinner and thunp it on. Dialing down the fan will help it out the gun quicker, about 6 to 8 inches of fan is all you really need for primer/surfacer.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Demon73 View Post
    1.4 is way small for putting on primer with a syphon gun, a gravity fed needs less nozzle dia and then I'd still want around 2mm for primer. Just get a cheapy off Amazon, back off the thinner and thunp it on. Dialing down the fan will help it out the gun quicker, about 6 to 8 inches of fan is all you really need for primer/surfacer.
    Ok thanks, I'll take a look.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Country
    FINLAND
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I used 1.8mm with a gravity gun and I got OK results. Just a cheapo gun. If I did more painting than once every couple of years I might invest in a better quality gun.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DennisCA View Post
    I used 1.8mm with a gravity gun and I got OK results. Just a cheapo gun. If I did more painting than once every couple of years I might invest in a better quality gun.
    I bought the harbor freight purple gun with a 1.4 tip. I was going to give it a try as is. If it doesn't work too good, there are quite a few videos where they drill out the tip to 2.0 or 2.2 to be a primer gun. I figure I can't go wrong for $10.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk