What's new
What's new

Compressor restoration

Blue Racer

Plastic
Hi Everyone,

I got this old compressor from the flea market, and I'm trying to give it a second chance/life. As it's super dirty, and the cables were burned, I didn't check that the winding was ok.
So I started to dismantle it but I'm stuck at an early stage of the process: I can't figure out how to remove the "cap" from the crankshaft side. The brand is Luchard.
Any Idea? tips? I'm not an expert I guess you probably guessed :) and I don't want to break anything

Have a nice day

FB

IMG_20181210_214333.jpgIMG_20181210_214318.jpg

I've never seen one of those so this opinion doesn't stem from experience.

Since the cap clearly has to be a separate piece and there are no signs of fasteners on that end, I would expect it to be held by bolts/rods that come through the case from the other end of the motor. Since you have that access port you might try to shine a light in and look down at the corners to see if there is an enlarged part of the casting on the inside that would harbor a tapped hole and hint at where the other end might be.

Hi TGTool,

Thanks for your reply, I'll dig your idea, Indeed from the other side there's a large groove, I'll see if I can open it up using a thin flat steel piece, maybe the solution is hidden there.

Thanks again, have a nice day :)

FB

Back