What's new
What's new

Emco maximat super 11

brane

Plastic
Hi
I just bought Emco maximat super 11 and i want to clean it and put new oil in. The guy I bought from filled it to the top of the oil gauge and im not sure is it supposed to be to the top of the gauge or half of the gauge. Also how to and how much tension the spindle bearings ( in metric )

Oil is usually filled to the middle of the sighting glass. As for the spindle bearing preload it is best not to touch it unless there is a good reason to do it as, for example, when reassembling the spindle or in the case of an obvious problem. In the few machines I did it I adjusted it by feel, though this requires some experience and the "feel" is difficult to convey verbally...

Near the top is fine

Middle is fine

Near the bottom is fine but the warning to keep an eye on it.

Likely not a good idea to mess with spindle bearings unless you have some problems.

Normally a lathe does not get oil changes like a car.. oil should look and be clean for a very long time.

Only the right oil should be put in,, some oils can damage a lathe.

Thanks for the advices. Lathe has been sitting for around 10 years so i wanted to change oil in it. I have drained the system now i left it to drain whats left in it over night. I noticed some metalic dust sediment on the bottom of main gearbox that i will try to flush out with new oil, there is no magnet to colect it. Should i be worried about this or not

I will try to wipe it out then, dont worry I use hydraulic oil INA Hidraol 46. Its most similar to what is recomended in manual and is widely use in all types of lathes and mills around here.
Thanks everybody

Back