What's new
What's new

Foster prism

lucky7

Titanium
Wanted to thank Denis for machining one of his 18" prism castings for me. Not only a very nice casting that's a joy to scrape but only 0.0015" out of flat to begin with. Very easy and quick to get to a decent ppi. The shipping box Denis made was even shipping company gorilla proof! (seriously)

Got to admit, I don't really need the prism, but it looked like a fun project, and after scraping in one of Denis's 36" featherweights I looked forward to working on another of his castings.

And I hear rumors of another casting design coming out of the Foster foundry in the future... ;-)

Best,
Lucky7

Wanted to thank Denis for machining one of his 18" prism castings for me. Not only a very nice casting that's a joy to scrape but only 0.0015" out of flat to begin with. Very easy and quick to get to a decent ppi. The shipping box Denis made was even shipping company gorilla proof! (seriously)

Got to admit, I don't really need the prism, but it looked like a fun project, and after scraping in one of Denis's 36" featherweights I looked forward to working on another of his castings.

And I hear rumors of another casting design coming out of the Foster foundry in the future... ;-)

Best,
Lucky7

+2

Works of art, the both of them.

If Denis' shipping "case" for the camelback was rather neat, the one for the dovetail was brilliant.
Probbably next spring before my one-each are done with heat-cycling and off for final finishing, but realistically, they were each directly usable on arrival.

Get 'em while you can.

Bill

Back