What's new
What's new

Frankenstein Millamonster Ideas wanted: Combining 2 Milling (Sieg x3) machines in one

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyersonUnit

Plastic
Hi everyone,

I have been lucky to have obtained 2x Shop Fox M1110 (Sieg x3 variant) Long story short I was provided 2 machines for the purchase price of one. I guess since the model was discontinued they were getting rid of it 2 for 1 deal. Either way on the way home I could not help but think about combining the 2 machines for the rigidity problem. Then I thought, why not have the community present some ideas of how they would combine the two machines. Maybe 2 cutters? 2 motors 1 cutter for the torque at low RPM? maybe extend the column for distance? maybe have a column on either side of the Head to make the ultimate rigid machine!!

Im open to hear some ideas. How I can do this? Should I aim for extending range or making it as rigid as possible. I have the space to build whatever. My only real limitation is vertical as my ceilings are 7 feet tall otherwise I can dedicate a room to this machine if necessary and Im in an unfinished basement of my house so worrying about drilling into the walls is not as much of a concern as if it were finished.....I dont want 2 seperate machines or make one a cnc and other manual. I want to build ONE super rigid Super Saiyan Milling machine.

Lets hear some ideas!

Once I settle on how to do this I plan on documenting and posting for ya'll reading entertainment.

-AB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back