What's new
What's new

Gibs/ pressure plate replacement for Keller 3H power hacksaw

spitfire_er

Aluminum
Just picked up a Keller 3H power hacksaw. Noticed a small groove in the top support bar so I took it apart and noticed the adjustment screws are now through the plates on top.

They appear to be brass, but does anyone know of they are brass or bronze. Thinking bronze might not be hard enough.

I may move the adjustment screw recesses till I figure out a replacement.

Any thoughts on what to use?

20181008_085825.jpg20181008_085845.jpg

I was wondering if they were a special bronze alloy. I think at this point moving the screw locations might be the easiest till I get some replacement metal.

What part in MN are you? You may want to add some sort of lubrication points. Oil not grease. grease would let the chops stick, lol...You could cut in a couple of X X es. in each gib to hold and distribute the oil. Your right they do need to be replaced or if there is enough adjustment you maybe able to mill off the most of the scores so they are flat again. If your close to St. Paul, maybe I could come and look at it?

Please read the machinery discussing guidelines. Discussion of power hacksaws is not allowed on the forum, anywhere.

Have to ask Don, Rebeca or new management as I believe they have changed some of the rules. They are now talking about Asian built small milling machines and I have seen questions about Grizzly's that once were banned, so there maybe a change here too. If they close the thread you can send me a regular email at
[email protected] and I will gladly help you. A month ago I drove over and helped a guy in New Hope for the fun of it. Rich

PS: Charles Blair is the only moderator in this forum.

Back