What's new
What's new

Has anyone got a spare Biax storage box?

ballen

Diamond
Has anyone got a spare Biax scraper storage box?

If someone in Europe has a spare Biax metal storage/carry box which is the right size for a BL40, please drop me a note so we can make a deal.

I’d like to meet the guy who can scrape by hand faster than with a Biax. I certainly cannot. But I’m just a 210 lb wimp... ;-)

L7

I had a student at a GM plant in Indianapolis who challenged me to a race. We started with 2 of my 3/4 x 3" x 12" cast iron bars milled to .001" accuracy. He hand scraped and I power scraped. He was 30 and I was 50. He had been scraping by hand for 10 years and was super fit, compared to me...LOL...(lucky knows what I mean) LOL

Anyway another guy timed it and did a get your set GO.....He pushed hand scraped and I did X & Z's with the Green Biax. We got it smooth about the same time, then I started to shorten the stroke and do crosses and he started to bump scrape....we were pretty even until about 20 PPI and I started to pull ahead on to 40 PPI. I finished about 10 minutes before hand. I was pooped and he was exhausted and sweat was rolling down his face... I won, but it was a great time. I'm not sure I would race now that I'm 70....lol Stan can do the racing now.

Back