What's new
What's new

Help! Bought lot of really cool machines and hand tools

What's up guys so I'm into working on cars, however where I am, which by the way is rural North Dakota, finding a machine shop to do anything is absolutely incredibly hard, or expensive. Well I was keeping an eye out for "for sale" ads right? And I scored a mother load. Poor old timer had to sell his shop (built high performance motors) had all this stuff in storage. Wife said it was time to empty the storage unit. So I got everything for a steal. However I need help identifying, and how to properly use this stuff! The only thing I was able to learn via youtube is how to work the boring bar!
TIA
Isaiah

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

What's up guys so I'm into working on cars, however where I am, which by the way is rural North Dakota, finding a machine shop to do anything is absolutely incredibly hard, or expensive. Well I was keeping an eye out for "for sale" ads right? And I scored a mother load. Poor old timer had to sell his shop (built high performance motors) had all this stuff in storage. Wife said it was time to empty the storage unit. So I got everything for a steal. However I need help identifying, and how to properly use this stuff! The only thing I was able to learn via youtube is how to work the boring bar!
TIA
Isaiah

Well I know a bit about lots of things but I have never run any mother loads so I don't know if I can help.

Working the bar too much will make you go blind .........or so I have heard.
Well I'll bite what did you get?? yhea yhea I know "The mother load." But really how about pics everyone loves pictures, of your machines and assorted bits and bobs.
SO welcome to the forum there are a lot of really great, very smart and knowledgeable guys here.
You tube is an okay place to learn some things but you have to be careful and be choosey bout who ya listen to. Safety is a big deal, especially if your a greenhorn, I don't know your skill knowledge or experience level. I would either find a local machinist who maybe would give you some basics on what you have or get a really good basic book, if for nothing more than than the safety items.
Good luck and let see some pictures of your purchase.

Working the bar too much will make you go blind .........or so I have heard.
Trade-off, there, if not"reversible". HKG surgeon gifts me with 20/15 vison, better even that when the USAF flight surgeons at Andrews classed me "1N".. and yah feel 18 years old again.

UNfortunately? "The bar" was still long retired.,.

BFD.

Old Iron didn't give a damn.

Hard enough for a platoon of Marines just back from a tour at sea, Old Iron can be...

I gave my wife a load a few times and made her a mother.

Where are you located? Post some pictures of your score?

Hmmm, I got all excited with the thought of someone just across the line from me wanting to sell the motherload of tools. Then the giggles from the responses started... Thanks!

L7

Kind of figured there'd be a couple wise cracks, I know it must be a solid score because everyone at the local machine shop tried to buy things rather than show me how to use them. Understand too I got consumables for all the machines. Also have more equipment like a valve hone, cylinder hone, and hand tools.
cffd50975e8a148b90a5591ea03bdf65.jpg
16754299c01129ab9cbc0f955a3a9507.jpg
6e181220d16778f53c98382e6ba88d36.jpg
6665f92044c7a83fab07d88b26fae64b.jpg

Ok, name tags are neat but give us pics with more substance. Several pics of each machine, accessories, bucket of parts. From different angles.
Hodge

Okay thermite I like the attitude but if everyone had that energy not too much would get accomplished. Sorry it's taking me so long to write a response I've been balls deep in house renovation because I got my nuts pinned in between an engine block and door frame and it scared me enough to say "fuck the door" I'll post picture with EVERY piece and their corresponding consumables here shortly let me get it all dug out of the cabinets and what not. I did receive tooling for everything except the pin hone. I got stones for it but no "mandrel"? When I strolled through goodson I couldn't find any mandrels which is why I've bit the bullet and asked a bunch of crochity old guys(like thermite) for help.
Tia

Kind of figured there'd be a couple wise cracks,

if they're not picking on you they don't like you.

brought it on yourself dude.....started with load. The expression is mother lode, like you found the big vein of gold. Went down hill from there lol

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

Oh, and just put Thermite on ignore. he's trying to wear out the internet and its too tedious to watch. The boffins are working on a "Ignore Thermite" menu button but its not complete yet

Oh, and just put Thermite on ignore. he's trying to wear out the internet and its too tedious to watch. The boffins are working on a "Ignore Thermite" menu button but its not complete yet

WTF?

Been working like a champ for ages.

You as slow to pick that option up as you are at understanding everything ELSE?

It ain't MY problem, is it?

The more of the lower part of the Bell curve exercises that option, the less nonsense as interferes with pleasant discourse among the UPPER part of the intelligence distribution.

What's not to like about that?

:D

Back