What's new
What's new

I have a small rubber ball screw 'boot/rubber bellows' protective cover that is worn?

setlab

Aluminum
I have a circa 1997 small CNC mill that was made in Japan (I think) a Dyna Myte DM2800 that I'm getting up and running again. I took the x and y-axis apart to clean and inspect and this machine has rubber bellows encasing the ball screws protecting them from dirt and chips. Two of these bellows are in need of replacement but my searches online haven't come up with a suitable alternative, I can only find rubber bellows that are way too big. I've thought about using some kind of bandaid, like shrink-fit tubing to repair as an alternative to a replacement but after a little testing that won't work.

Do you guys know of a source I could get small diameter rubber bellows from?

problem.jpginch.jpgmetric.jpg

think automotive. the two bolts holding the brake disc pads in the caliper have bellows on them (to keep grime out). as there are many different sizes, there might be one that fits for you. once i got oem brakepads and got bolts and bellows with it.

think automotive. the two bolts holding the brake disc pads in the caliper have bellows on them (to keep grime out). as there are many different sizes, there might be one that fits for you. once i got oem brakepads and got bolts and bellows with it.

I was thinking automotive too, but more like clutch slave cylinder bellows.

OP, the pic with caliper tells me nothing, cannot read it even on the big screen, in the future please give us dimensions in a written format. Sorry, pics with calipers that are unreadable has become one of my pet peaves:)

I agree that there is likely an automotive part that could substitute. If you could post even a crude hand drawn sketch with dimensions I'd bet a PM member might identify something like a clutch boot that would work.

Back