What's new
What's new

IMA IGM 30-8 Drill press

skidesign

Plastic
2020/07/08

Newbie here.

I picked up an IMA IMG 30-8 drill press yesterday that needs some maintenance work. I'm wishing to restore it or minimally get it operational and looking for any owners manuals, knowledgable individuals familiar with this machine, or ANY information about these machines and have procured very little on the web nor from the manufacturer. If anybody has an owners manual or any other input here, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have procured:
A) 7 or 8 pages (depending on the source) of an illustrated parts list (one of the pages is identified as page 27); and
B) 7 pages of what I assume is part of an owners manual (one of the pages is identified as page 16). Possibly these are a part of the same manual/document.

Thanks in advance for any input.

HHRobertsMachinery in (gasp) Toronto has what you need online and free. The also stock (or used to) parts for your drill.

In English, German, and Swedish!

L7

Hi all, I spoke with the folks at HH Roberts and have what they have. It is not enough information. I would really like to get an original owners manual or possibly speak with somebody who is very familiar with this machine who can advise me on how it is supposed to work exactly. For example there is a knob (slide pin of some sort) which I assume operates to lock the quill from rotating or auto extracts bits or something. It appears to be very seized in place. It has been a while and I am finally getting a bit of a chance to attend to this machine.

Back