What's new
What's new

ISO DoAll 16SFP blade guides

Bwaldrop

Plastic
New member here, I recently acquired a 16 SFP variable speed bandsaw. After rebuilding the gearbox to include a new output shaft I’m onto trying to sort out the blade guides. I appears to have doall guides but they don’t appear to be correct as someone has made 1/4” aluminum spaces etc. I have made them work but I’d love to find a correct set of Matching upper and lower guides. Not sure where to post this as I’m learning the site. Thanks again

I don't know what a 16 SFP band saw is. I assume it may be a DoAll 1612 contour saw? Correct terminology really helps. If my guess is correct, you will find there are several different blade guide castings for your saw. Get a DoAll parts book. The actually guides fit multiple style castings and are available often on eBay. There are also spacers that position the blade at the tire center. These spacers are necessary to correctly position the thrust bearing depending on the blade width.

Thank you, the model is a 16-sfp it’s a 16” vertical bandsaw. I believe by the serial number it’s a 1958. I should have been more clear, I’m looking for the guide “holders” or castings. I’ll try again to find the correct manual on their site to get part numbers. I was having trouble finding exact saw.

Back