What's new
What's new

Jan 13 - 17 FLORIDA Rebuilding class has an opening

Richard King

Diamond
We had a student hurt his back and can't attend the class were having in 2 weeks in Santa Rosa Beach Florida Feb 13 - 17. This is a special basic and advance class. In attendance are some famous YouTubers: Keith Rucker, Adam Booth (Abomb 70) and Lance Baltzley. We did a class at this location last year. Covid Masks are required and we will be following all the rules. I also have openings for the February class we are doing in Fayetteville TN. Private message me or [email protected] for more info.
Pics L to R TX class - last year Keith Rucker scraping 36" shaper, Adan Booth made lunch at a Rucker class in GA a few years back
20190223_091836.jpg20200118_154429.jpg20170124_130550.jpg

This class starts next Wednesday and we have 6 returning students who will be rebuilding machine tools. I will try to take a lot of pictures and I suppose one of the 3 famous You Tubers attending will do a show on YT soon afterwards: Keith Rucker, Adam Booth (Abomb79) and Lance Baltzley We have room for 1 more student if you can make it....Santa Rose Beach FL...the temp there today is 47 F - Next week it will be close to 60 F...come down and warm up...lol

This class starts next Wednesday and we have 6 returning students who will be rebuilding machine tools. I will try to take a lot of pictures and I suppose one of the 3 famous You Tubers attending will do a show on YT soon afterwards: Keith Rucker, Adam Booth (Abomb79) and Lance Baltzley We have room for 1 more student if you can make it....Santa Rose Beach FL...the temp there today is 47 F - Next week it will be close to 60 F...come down and warm up...lol

I’m in Cincinnati at 33F outside! I’d love to come warm up if I could!
Richard,(you permitting!) I’ll be a student hopefully this year.

Do you have any plans of hosting classes up north this year?

There is a Feb class in Fayetteville TN, Hope to have one in MN in April and June. A class in VT in Sept. I am always looking for volunteers to HOST a class. Host get the class for free.

If you go to You Tube and type "Richard King Scraping" click on classes held at Keith Rucker, or one of the others Like NYC CNC and see what it's like in a class. Big work benches, good lighting a room about the size of a 4 car garage at a minimum, especially now with Covid. A bathroom, but we can rent a porta potty as we have at a few shops,, a white board and chairs for 8 to 12 people, a lunch area, good lighting, it helps to have a lathe and mill to demo on, 110 volt power. I can bring 12 BIAX Power scrapers and hand scrapers, imks, supplies. A local hotel or motels where people can stay, an International airport with-in 3 hours. The class is 45 to 50 hours long and it's a hands on class. It takes about 16 to 20 hours how to learn to scrape flatness on a small plate I supply. Hand and power scraping and 1/2 moon flaking in the first 2 days, then you scrape a project you bring the remainder of the class plus I have several Q & A times where you can ask questions, I help you scrape or rebuild your project. You can see that in the You Tube shows. Here is a thread on here on a class we did in Dallas I taught in 2011. Again it shows a typical class. We have done so many classes now we have students who are coming back to the class where they go right into a project or scrape a machine the host has or brings with.

Rich King's scraping/machine rebuilding class (Picture Heavy)

Day 3of the class. We have 9 students, 3 have taken the class before and we have 6 rookies. They are now power scraping now. Also Keith Rucker, Adam Booth and Lance Balzley are here. Lance brought his Mahr Electron level set and it testing and lapping all the granite surface plates. Adam is documenting it, so you can check out Abomb79 on the forums he writes on and see how it's done. William who took the class last year in Texas is scraping his King-Way straight-edges. Tomorrow I'll post more pictures. Rich

Back