Jan Sverre Haugjord YT channel
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Jan Sverre Haugjord YT channel

For anyone who hasnt already found it, lots of interesting videos of scraping, reconditioning etc.

Jan Sverre Haugjord

A step scraping teaser.

2. Likes Pete F liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Jan attended the GA class i taught 2 years ago, plus he is the host and organizer of the Norway class I am teaching now. Tomorrow will be day 3 of the 5 day class. We are having a good time so far. Lots of great student! We will post pictures soon...then next week Jan will drive me to Sweden where I will be teaching another 5 day class, before returning home. Jan is a "natural" scraper..... Rich

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Interesting. Just a minor point Jan, use that brush to clear away the scrapings, not your fingers. Regards Tyrone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I teach to use a vacuum cleaner or a brush, stone the burr's off, roll on the yellow Canode highlighter, wipe it off dry and then wipe the surface with your hand as you can feel the dirt with your hand. Wiping with a rag leaves lint or the dirt that was on the rag. So he is doing what I recommend. Sometimes we don't use the highlighter or we forget to use the highlighter (of old we used "red-lead") .

I also wipe the bluing before rubbing the SE or part on a surface plate so you remove the dirt or feel the dirt and wipe it off and re-apply the ink. A dirty SE or plate gives false readings or it scratches the plate, SE or part. Net time you stand next to a surface plate that is being used wipe it off with a clean cloth and then wipe it off with your clean hand and you we feel the dirt left over. Rich
    Last edited by Richard King; 08-16-2014 at 12:40 AM.

6. Likes Pete F liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I use a paint brush to remove the big stuff and then the palm of my hand to wipe the ways clean. I'm lucky, I don't have sweaty hands.

Regards Tyrone.

8. Likes Pete F liked this post