What's new
What's new

Japanese video about production of large cast iron surface plates 480P

Wish I understood Japanese.

Watching those guys work, and having scraped in a few (much) smaller iron plates, I’m impressed with their backs. And thankful my big plate is granite.

L7

That is very nice. Next to it I get this Japanese lesson in scrpaing :

本物のキサゲ職人に修行つけていただきました! - YouTube

This is a playlist I have of Japanese videos, many are from TV programs focusing on manufacturing. There are many that may find interesting, one of them shows one of these large surface plates being used to mark out a very large casting for a motor. Worth watching if you have never seen large part machining like that.

https://youtu.be/Azp-A_0Wp18

Charles

I had a student named Ted (The English name he picked as Taiwanese pick their names from a book)) He was a service engineer in Taiwan for that Japanese company. So he learned to scrape there. He said after a day of scraping like that he could hardly walk and was bent over. PMC who I worked for teaching classes hired him and he became my assistant teacher. PMC where we taught has a great web-site Scraping.pmc.org.tw and they have a few You Tube shows, here is another one: 安田工業株式会社|匠の技 キサゲの技

Here is an introduction to the classes We taught over there. Click on the link under the photo's on it and that's the video PMC made that we showed the students on the first day of the 5 day class. It is in Chinese captions but it is self exploratory as it compares scraping as an art like glass blowing stone carving and wood carving. It shows masters teaching kids. Those who have taken my classes will see we taught the same class there as I teach all over.
Charles, I am just telling my history about scraping classes and I hope you realize I'm not bragging as some say I do when I try to teach. The students there were from machine tool builders. They call scraping, Shoveling in the translation.....lol

鏟花及鏟配技術發展社群 - Home | Facebook

If you scroll down on the Facebook page, you will see me being interviewed by a Taiwanese TV station. One of the examples they use is Nick Mueller a German scraper who was / is a a PM member.

Their main page.

Ãêªá§ÞÃÀªÀ¸s

Back