What's new
What's new

Klopp shaper help.

PerkRAF

Plastic
Hello everyone!

First time posting. Just starting out as a hobby machining enthusiast. In fact, this is my first machine tool purchase. I am fairly certain this is a Klopp model 300. Got it for a very reasonable price locally and will be picking it up next week. However, reasonable price comes with its own limitations. While the machine is in overall good shape, there are some parts missing. It doesn't come with a vise and the feed disk is missing.

shaper.jpg

Since quick search online provides little to no information on the parts and I haven't seen any spare feed disks online for sale, the part will have to be machined. I am asking, nay, begging, anyone here to extend a helping hand. Schematics, manuals, spare parts (in Europe) anything, really, would be of great help.

Looking forward to any help, advice anyone can extend to me.

Cheers!

Looks like a nice machine.

All shapers follow pretty much the same arrangement. Look at Alba and Elliot shapers on YouTube there are some good rebuilds there. I hope it was cheap, a lathe and a mill would be higher up my priority list.

Looks like a nice machine.

All shapers follow pretty much the same arrangement. Look at Alba and Elliot shapers on YouTube there are some good rebuilds there. I hope it was cheap, a lathe and a mill would be higher up my priority list.

Thanks, that may be helpful while trying to recondition it. I will try getting in contact with the manufacturer and seeing if I can get anything from them.

As for the price, I got it for basically pocket change in comparison to what they go for. They are fairly rare and the price is inflated because hobbyists like them. I would have gone for a lathe and a milling machine first as well but since I had to buy a band saw and this unit came with it at a very sensible price, I just couldn't resist getting it. I also took it because quality machine tools are scarce in my area, especially, if they are German. I would like a Voest lathe and a Deckel or Schaublin milling machine but they come significantly more expensive, so, I will have to be on the lookout for a better deal on them because there is no way I will get any of them locally and shipping them comes with its own set of problems.

Back