What's new
What's new

Leather Gloves with Magnet attached

sec7580

Plastic
Been working on an idea that seems to be pretty helpful. When I sort through ferrous and non-ferrous metals, pulling a magnet out of my pocket with leather gloves on can be annoying, and having to take them off repeatedly is tedious. I took a pair of leather gloves and stitched a pocket onto the end of the middle finger (back of the finger) and put a magnet in it. That way I can just test metals with the back of my hand without having to grab a magnet. It doesn't get in the way or anything, and helps me easily sort through scrap. I took it to some local recycling centers and they were interested and thought it worked well. Decided to file a provisional patent because its pretty cheap and easy. Does anyone have any thoughts on something like this? Would you use it?
IMG_0134.jpgIMG_0134.jpgIMG_0134.jpgIMG_0134.jpgIMG_0134.jpg

There was a video I saw a while ago where a guy surgically implanted (DIY) a small neodymium magnet just under his skin. It didn't work out well in the end and became infected.

I think patents are overrated. Make a bunch and sell them. When those are gone repeat until the market dries up, or someone comes up with something else better - like maybe a neodymium magnet ring that you wear underneath the glove and don't have to throw out when the glove is worn out.

Frankly, I think you could probably sell many more to the deluded health freak folks who already buy all kinds of clothing with magnets in the hopes of fixing all kinds of problems. Socks, belts, wrist bands. Heck, someone's probably selling condoms with little magnets to fix a particular problem.

Back