What's new
What's new

Leblond Lathe Leadscrew and Feed Rod Slipping

pjames6

Plastic
I took a video of the issue and have linked it below. I'm hoping someone here can help. The leadscrew and feed rod are slipping right at the gear box on my old Leblond Lathe. I can tell someone has re-pinned the clamp on the feed rod at some point in time.

How is this supposed to have been set up and any opinions on fixing this?

Video- YouTube

Thanks for the help gents!

The shear pin is sheared. It looks like it is there, but the taper pin is sheared. on the big side drill and tap a hole in the big end and use a pull hammer to pull it out. then turn the shaft to line up the sheered pin. it is not easy to find the big in in the shaft side...be careful and line up the collar, pin and shaft and use a tapered flat nose punch to hammer out.

Last edited:
@Richard King- I'll get to work on that! I really appreciate the help.

@johnoder- I had a user on here make a back plate for me and have been having fun cutting things for the hell of it and learning. Then I decided to thread, long story short I'm retarded and was using the carriage feed instead of the half nuts which caused a solid week of confusion and frustration. Now that that's squared away it seems the sheer pin up and committed seppuku so that's next one the list.

Also I'm out $200 from another user here who said he'd make a backplate then fell off the planet. The adventure of learning to turn things has been a hell of a lot of fun though. For some reason I like old broken crap.

Yes ,and be very careful of internet scammers /thieves ....always check the histories /posts of anyone offering to sell you that extra rare part.....Old motorbike collectors seem to be especially gullible to the offer of "unobtainium" from someone who answers their plea......But you may have the warm fuzzy feeling you have helped the Nigerian government avoid default....for one more day.

It seems that the guy fell on hard times or something. He cut a plate the wrong size, I sent it back, then he just kinda faded in obscurity. Ran a boat yard in North Carolina or something.

No. Not sure what sort of rules this forum has for posting stuff like that. Don't want to get myself in trouble.

Thank you for the help gentlemen. I cut a new brass pin and then proceeded to cut my first threads. Worked perfectly!

uXgBXqY.jpg

Back