What's new
What's new

Machine Tool Reconditioning / Rebuilding Companies around North America & World

Richard King

Diamond
This subject was started in another confusing titled thread I suggest we close that one and start a new one so people Googling or searching Practical Machinist Archives will click on it. Thank You in advance Charles (Forum Moderator) for moving the pertinent info from the other thread here. Thanks

Bourn and Koch rebuilds any of the machines they are OEM for. They sometimes rebuild other machines with varying results.

Bos Machine in Hillsdale, IL specializes in rebuilding presses, but they also do a nice job with machine tools.

In the Peoria area, there's Dar-Tech, MMS, ATS, BTS, and probably other 3 letter acronyms I forgot.

GTI in Bloomington, IL rebuilds spindles. I think they are in cahoots with Motion Industries (they share a building).

There's got to be a hundred shops in the Chicago suburbs that service or rebuild machine tools.

In my research I've found a few local companies Near Houston:

Gates Machine Tool in Manvel, TX
Gates Machine Tool Repair - Machine Tool Rebuilding

and Taylor Precision Services in Galviston, TX
Machine Tool Rebuilding and Repair - Scraping and Fitting, Way Grinding, More

Both offer way grinding. I talked to someone at Gates a couple years ago about having my Hendey lathe bed ground (right after I got it) and they understandably didn't seem too excited. Don't remember the figure but $2000 or $3000 sticks out in my mind.

Back