What's new
What's new

Machining King-Way Straight-Edges by Keith Rucker and Abom79

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard King

Diamond
I sold some of my 24" camel-back Straight-edges to some students attending the Florida Scraping Seminar and they asked Adam Booth or his You Tube and Practical Machinist name is Abom79 , Adam does model HK-24 that is a lightweight model we use on Lathe beds and a HKA-24 we use on flat ways with dovetails. He does them on his 36" G&E Metal shaper and shows how he sets it up and shows speeds and feeds.

YouTube
and YouTube

Keith Rucker mills and grinds a HKA-24. Pretty interesting. Keith who now makes his own 9 to 12" models too. YouTube
and grinding YouTube
Keiths small camel backs. YouTube

Both Adam and Keith have a number of great shows on machining and scraping. Both will be attending my Florida class we are having in 2 weeks in Santa Rosa Beach. It should be fun plus it is freezing up here in Minnesota.

I have my straight-edges in stock. PM for prices. Rich

Richard, you're a fine teacher of precision scraping. You have world wide influence in a very small community. You deserve credit for conserving a valuable craft that's gradually fading from the machine tool industry by transferring it to niche users so thinly scattered that without you the hard won skills and techniques would be lost forever. Everyone with even a faint understanding of precision scraping recognizes your contribution and stature.

Both Keith Rucker and Adam Booth mention you by name and have discussed your classes whenever a precision scraping project becomes a topic of their videos. Others promote you. Let it go at that. Your self-promotion by inserting yourself in every scraping project on YouTube is unseemly and unnecessary. Scrabbling for attention diminishes you.

Scrabbling for attention diminishes you ??

I show methods that are used in rebuilding. As you do on your protege.

Many of my students have You Tube shows all around the world. If I didn't show them who would? It is a learning curve for all. Adam Booth shows feed and speeds on How to run a shaper. Great info to be shared to this membership. One can search You Tube and learn a lot from my by searching my name and scraping. It is fact and not scrabbling. History will tell. I am not hoping to impress you. I am trying to show techniques used in machine rebuilding. I would love to say more but won't as this is a forum to teach rebuilding. In my thousands of students and fans, a 1/2 dozen who like to take jabs are meaningless to me.

Both of you make valid points and I appreciate the efforts taken to acknowledge respect. However Richard you have been pretty aggressive with pushing your agenda. I have no issues with you promoting your classes. And I am glad to see you acknowledging the efforts of your former students.

But Forrest's point has validity, you are pushing things pretty hard. This isnt something that can easily be described, but your aggressiveness is getting on peoples nerves. At least I cant really describe it well but I hope you get my meaning.

Richard please try to be less pushy about your classes.

I am going to close this thread, people will still be able to see the post about Adam and Keith but I dont see this thread going anywhere useful from here.

Charles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back