What's new
What's new

Merli-Voghera Clover 13/19 Oil leaks

Bingo001

Plastic
This is my first post here. Let me start with, I am more machinic than Machinist. My friend Zip (Zips water pumps) owns the place but is not good with computers. He has 2 Clover 13/19 Lathes and both leak oil like a crazy. Neither of us know anything about these machines except they run nice. Can anyone tell me where I can we find manuals and parts for these lathes.

I found this, so we know what your talking about: Merli Clovis 50 Lathes

You first need to do is wipe the machine clean and identify where it is leaking. It could be a bad gasket, loose pipe, broken oil line. Once you figure out the problem area's and take some pictures and download them here so we can help. Now all we can do is guess. If you guys are mechanical a oil leak should be a no brainer to fix.

Does your friend have a maintenance manual? I see UK Lathes sells the manuals for the clover lathes.

I found this, so we know what your talking about: Merli Clovis 50 Lathes

You first need to do is wipe the machine clean and identify where it is leaking. It could be a bad gasket, loose pipe, broken oil line. Once you figure out the problem area's and take some pictures and download them here so we can help. Now all we can do is guess. If you guys are mechanical a oil leak should be a no brainer to fix.

Does your friend have a maintenance manual? I see UK Lathes sells the manuals for the clover lathes.

Daaaa, You're Right Richard. Zip doesn't have any information on ether of these lathes and asked me to look up some information on them to see if this was a common problem. I found that it has a what I consider a unique seal at the head stock but you are right. I have been to busy with other projects to clean and inspect the machines. I did hit UK but didn't see anything for these particular machines. I will look again. Thank you for pointing out the obvious. I have had my head burred so deep in other stuff that common sense didn't factor in.

Back