What's new
What's new

MINNESOTA REBUILDING AND SCRAPING CLASSES in the future

Richard King

Diamond
Hi All.

As of May 19, 2021, I have decided to primarily teach my classes in my Home Shop in Cottage Grove, Minnesota USA. It is nice being able to walk to the shop. Travels sucks after doing it for 40 years. It was fun when I was 30 years old...lol I'm turning 71 in October and it's difficult to travel and carry all the tools....

I have successfully taught 3 - 4-man classes here in 2021. My shop is temperature controlled with a furnace and AC and I have all my tools here. It was getting so expensive and difficult for me to carry the tools via airplane. I have some health problems now and have gotten blood clots in my legs on those long flights.

The 4 man classes allows me give you more one on one instruction. We have several Q@A sessions and discuss what you want to know. I will present you with a Certificate of attendance.

I will still travel on a place-by-place evaluation. I still want to teach the class in Springfield, VT, that Warren Jones is organizing. At the moment that class will happen. Sept. 8 - 12, 2021. He has advertised on another thread here.

Cottage Grove is a suburb of St. Paul, Minnesota and MSP airport is approximately 30 minutes from here. There are a few hotel/motels in the area priced from $50.00 and up. There are parks nearby where you can camp in a tent or RV.

Message me for prices. You pay for your expenses.

If you take 2 classes, the 3rd is 1/2 price. I can only schedule 1 half price per class. After the first class you attend you can work on a small machine with my supervision.

I supply most of the tools, but if you have a hand or power scraper, bring it. You are welcome to bring a small machine tool part to be your project after you complete the basic 2 days of learning on a small surface plate.

Class scheduled:
June 16 - 20, 2021 (2 places left)
July 14 - 18, 2021
August 18 - 22, 2021
September 22 - 26, 2021
October 13 - 17, 2021
November 17 - 21, 2021
December 8 - 12, 2021

I'm also thinking of having a few classes in Hayward WI at my lake cabin shop and after daily classes we can go Muskie and Walleye fishing.. lol There is a super nice resort near my cabin you can stay at.

For more information, please contact me.

Thanks everyone who have taken my classes. I am estimating I have taught over 35,000 in my 40+ years of teaching around the world. I will keep teaching as long as my health allows. I love to teach. I'm sure my Dad is proud of me too....

Richard King
King-Way Scraping Consultants, LLC
[email protected]

PS: I am slowly going to start selling some of my tools I no longer need. I will also sell them here and my classes on eBay.

20210515_144617_resized.jpg20210516_101141_resized.jpg20210409_171118_resized (1).jpg20210409_171153_resized (1).jpg20210410_130529_resized.jpg

Hi All.

As of May 19, 2021, I have decided to primarily teach my classes in my Home Shop in Cottage Grove, Minnesota USA. It is nice being able to walk to the shop. Travels sucks after doing it for 40 years. It was fun when I was 30 years old...lol I'm turning 71 in October and it's difficult to travel and carry all the tools....

I have successfully taught 3 - 4-man classes here in 2021. My shop is temperature controlled with a furnace and AC and I have all my tools here. It was getting so expensive and difficult for me to carry the tools via airplane. I have some health problems now and have gotten blood clots in my legs on those long flights.

The 4 man classes allows me give you more one on one instruction. We have several Q@A sessions and discuss what you want to know. I will present you with a Certificate of attendance.

I will still travel on a place-by-place evaluation. I still want to teach the class in Springfield, VT, that Warren Jones is organizing. At the moment that class will happen. Sept. 8 - 12, 2021. He has advertised on another thread here.

Cottage Grove is a suburb of St. Paul, Minnesota and MSP airport is approximately 30 minutes from here. There are a few hotel/motels in the area priced from $50.00 and up. There are parks nearby where you can camp in a tent or RV.

Message me for prices. You pay for your expenses.

If you take 2 classes, the 3rd is 1/2 price. I can only schedule 1 half price per class. After the first class you attend you can work on a small machine with my supervision.

I supply most of the tools, but if you have a hand or power scraper, bring it. You are welcome to bring a small machine tool part to be your project after you complete the basic 2 days of learning on a small surface plate.

Class scheduled:
June 16 - 20, 2021 (2 places left)
July 14 - 18, 2021
August 18 - 22, 2021
September 22 - 26, 2021
October 13 - 17, 2021
November 17 - 21, 2021
December 8 - 12, 2021

I'm also thinking of having a few classes in Hayward WI at my lake cabin shop and after daily classes we can go Muskie and Walleye fishing.. lol There is a super nice resort near my cabin you can stay at.

For more information, please contact me.

Thanks everyone who have taken my classes. I am estimating I have taught over 35,000 in my 40+ years of teaching around the world. I will keep teaching as long as my health allows. I love to teach. I'm sure my Dad is proud of me too....

Richard King
King-Way Scraping Consultants, LLC
[email protected]

PS: I am slowly going to start selling some of my tools I no longer need. I will also sell them here and my classes on eBay.

View attachment 321540View attachment 321541View attachment 321542View attachment 321543View attachment 321544

Nice...My grandmother used to have a cabin up North on the Big Fork river...I always liked Minnesota in the summer...except your state bird 'The Mosquito' (Joke told to me by a Minnesotan) Good luck!

10 years ago we bought 10 acers on a beautiful bluff overlooking Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri, hoping to enjoy longer spring, falls and warmer winters. It was 100+F down there in July and August and the Mosquito has nothing on the small pin hear wood ticks and chiggers down there. We sold it because of the bugs. Hayward WI has bugs too, but when your on the lake catching fish, no problem. We plan on spending our winters in Texas or Florida, so -30F winters in MN and WI will be a lost memory. LOL

Back