What's new
What's new

"NEW" Machine or Used? - Food Mill Looks Rusted

Status
Not open for further replies.

MillingDude

Plastic
Hi

Can someone take a look at this Disc Mill? It honestly looks used to me, while the company said it was brand new.

After opening the cover up to clean the chambers, what I saw looked horrendous.

Photos here: Disc Mill Cleaning / Setup - Google Photos

Their Claim: Screenshot by Lightshot

Figured if anyone knew about the legitimacy of used equipment it would be the community at Practical Machinist.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 27
Maybe if you clean the coffee beans out of there and take some good, well-focused photos of the cutting edges and any bearing points (shaft, etc), we could give you a better idea. Until I read that they left ground coffee beans in there, FROM YOUR PHOTOS it looked like a serious case of surface rusting. So you need to clean it up and take excellent photos.

According to the description they use coffee beans to do a test grind to make sure its working, hard to tell by pics if we are looking at rust or coffee dust. If a car company drives a car a few miles to make sure it works, is it still a "new" car?

Coffee bean aroma is pungent my friend, this is not it. It lacks any smell.

You can actually zoom into the pictures in Google Photos, seem clear to me.

If I clean it up I forfeit the evidence, that's the problem.

Maybe if you clean the coffee beans out of there and take some good, well-focused photos of the cutting edges and any bearing points (shaft, etc), we could give you a better idea. Until I read that they left ground coffee beans in there, FROM YOUR PHOTOS it looked like a serious case of surface rusting. So you need to clean it up and take excellent photos.

Looks fine to me. My burr mill coffee grinder looks exactly like that after grinding coffee beans. Will clean up with a plastic bristle brush.

Coffee beans are scented, and this is not.

Factories test their equipment during the development stage, not just before you send it out.

If it was used for testing (which I seriously doubt), the unit should've been cleaned. That makes no sense.

According to the description they use coffee beans to do a test grind to make sure its working, hard to tell by pics if we are looking at rust or coffee dust. If a car company drives a car a few miles to make sure it works, is it still a "new" car?

I'm telling you right now just looking at the pictures, those are definitely coffee bean grounds. No question about it, don't care what it smells like. For crying out loud. If you don't trust them send it back and quit whining about it.

Dude, if you dont think it is coffee grounds, lick your finger, touch some, taste it and then report back. WTF are you buying a coffee grinder for if you dont even know what coffee ground are.:nutter:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back