Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Iowa
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The thread is almost 2 years old. Why don't you send a PM?
    JR

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by melsdad View Post
    Links to the pictures no longer work. Would love to see them if possible.
    Here's a new link.

Troyke Photos by eww_enterprise | Photobucket

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I do not recall Milacron shitting on someone's parade just out of pure cussedness. Unless it was about CHERRY PICKERS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Edster View Post
    Ed, if you still have the table how has it worked out for you and for that matter how about the Bridgeports you had redone? Have they held up for you and was the rebuild you had done worth it for you?

Charles

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlair View Post
    Ed, if you still have the table how has it worked out for you and for that matter how about the Bridgeports you had redone? Have they held up for you and was the rebuild you had done worth it for you?

Charles
    I have to be honest I still haven't had a need to use the rotary table.

I'm going to inspect it though with my fancy new (to me) squaremaster for squareness and runout. Just didn't get time for that yet.

The bridgeports are working great. I bought two rebuilt bridgeports from Gerry at Condor and haven't had any problems. I also had my 71 Bridgeport (my first real machine) rebuilt. I bought that one in 1999 for $1k and have slowly been fixing it while I was using it. First was replacing a broken worm gear that tilts the head and replacing a bunch of missing parts. It was slowly being cannibalised for parts because the x axis leadscrew was worn out. I was happy about that though because the hacks at the shop I bought it from weren't using it and it wasn't as beat up as some of the mills they were still running. Later I installed a Newall DRO. A few years later I had Gerry rebuild the head and install a new spindle. The taper was beat up from tools spinning. Then we put a new x axis leadscrew and nut and a servo power feed on it. About a year ago I finally had Gerry take care of the ways. The chrome ways on the y axis knee were in good shape so he only had to re-scrape the saddle and grind and re-scrape the table.

Here's a couple pics of the mill in my garage shop when I got it.

A pic of how it currently sits.

A pic of my three Series 1 bridgeports.

And the album if anyone is interested.

1971 Bridgeport Series 1 Photos by eww_enterprise | Photobucket

I've also got a Bridgeport Series 2 Special that I rescued from the same shop as my 71. It was in decent shape though because it was big and hard to crank and the power feed was broke. The owner at the time told me I should clean out the lube tank because something was wrong with it. I ended up replacing it along with all the metering units and lines! It was quite a project but turned out well. We also added a servo power feed and re-aligned the DRO scales. The head was in good shape so I didn't do anything to the mill for a while. Gerry came by last week and took the saddle to re-scrape and the table to regrind and re-scrape. After that I'm done with all the major maintenance on my Bridgeports.

Pics of the Series 2 Special

Bridgeport Series 2 Special Photos by eww_enterprise | Photobucket

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for sharing, glad you are happy with the work you got done, great photos.

Charles

7. Likes Edster liked this post