What's new
What's new

Please Help Identify, Thanks.

aj694122

Plastic
Wondering if I may scrap the whole tool, or should I take the time to somehow remove the carbide tips?KIMG1491.jpgKIMG1491.jpgView attachment 294541KIMG1488.jpgKIMG1492.jpgKIMG1490.jpg
I Should add that I have 125 of these tool holders with the carbide bits, total weight approximately 240 pounds. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Since you're asking for help identifying it, I am going to assume you don't have any machine that will fit it. In which case, just scrap it. Obsolete, orphaned toolholder bodies are very seldom worth messing with.

If you are already collecting scrap carbide and have an hour to spend playing around with a torch, then sure, take the inserts off and dump them in your scrap carbide bucket.

I could of course be wrong, but due to my past experience in open pit mining and the thread form on those they sure look like rock drills to me. If they are? and you can identify exactly what you have they might be worth far more as complete drill heads than what ever you might get for the scrap carbide.

Back