Close
Login to Your Account
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I remove the spindle today , the bearings feel good no bad noises or play but there is a little bit of damage on one of the parts. Had my local tool maker have a look and said it's fine just a bit of heat marks on the end of the spindle.

resize-img_7174.jpgresize-img_7183.jpgresize-img_7185-1-.jpgresize-img_7185-1-.jpgresize-img_7187.jpg

2. Likes CBlair liked this post
    Country
    NETHERLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Mark,

Did you measure the wear on the heat marks?I got the same on my V2 and measured 1thousands mm smaller on that spot.The bearings just slip on and of anyways and are not a tight fit. Witch is strange i think.... Greetings bob

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mark -

I bought a Rambaudi V2 over the weekend. Got it in the shop last night, powered it up today and I could get both spindles to spin (horizontal smoothly, vertical in fits and starts - need to check wiring), which made me very happy. But then I blew a fuse! There are two screw-in sockets inside the door. They had rewired it to take regular glass fuses, but I can't read a rating. Any idea what that rating should be?

Also if you have a pdf of the manual that would be fantastic.

Thanks,

philip

on_truck.jpg

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by hahnpv View Post
    Mark -

I bought a Rambaudi V2 over the weekend. Got it in the shop last night, powered it up today and I could get both spindles to spin (horizontal smoothly, vertical in fits and starts - need to check wiring), which made me very happy. But then I blew a fuse! There are two screw-in sockets inside the door. They had rewired it to take regular glass fuses, but I can't read a rating. Any idea what that rating should be?

Also if you have a pdf of the manual that would be fantastic.

Thanks,

philip

on_truck.jpg
    Horizontal spindle??? Do you mean the X-axis power feed?

How are you powering it? Rotary converter?

I removed those fuses and used the main switch as a master power switch to feed two VFD's for the spindle and power feed.

I used the original power feed rotary switch as a remote input to that VFD, and mounted the control panel for the spindle VFD on a custom bracket where the spindle switch used to be.

VFD's are great, as they give you full 3 phase power, and allow full speed control, as well as smooth startup and braking, which minimizes current spikes.

I have a scan of a manual, though it seems to be missing a couple pages, as well as some scanned drawings that aren't the best quality either.

If you can't find anything better, let me know and I'll find and compress them this weekend and send them to you.
    If you do find better examples, I'd love a copy as well.

BTW, after a few fixes my Rambaudi runs VERY well, and gives excellent surface finishes and accuracy on everything I've cut on it so far.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cobranut,

I'd really appreciate if you could scan and send me those manuals! I'll alert you if I find better but it seems to be slim pickings.

I have the VSR-2. It has both a horizontal and vertical spindle! R8 vertical, 50 taper horizontal:

vsr2.jpg

vsr2_side_panel.jpg

vsr2_front_panel.jpg

Right now I am using a rotary converter.

After some cleaning and inspection the horizontal spindle spins up reliably both high and low speed, and in both directions. The vertical spindle will 'catch' occasionally but often times just kind of sit there and jerk around like the phases are wrong, even with no load (belt removed). The few times it does 'catch' it has plenty of power. I'm still debugging I'm not sure if the speed selector switch is messed up or if there is a bigger problem.

The power feed was advertised as being non-functional. So that's last on the list of things to worry about.

The machine feels very solid, I'm looking forward to working with it!

philip

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by hahnpv View Post
    Cobranut,

I'd really appreciate if you could scan and send me those manuals! I'll alert you if I find better but it seems to be slim pickings.

I have the VSR-2. It has both a horizontal and vertical spindle! R8 vertical, 50 taper horizontal:

vsr2.jpg

vsr2_side_panel.jpg

vsr2_front_panel.jpg

Right now I am using a rotary converter.

After some cleaning and inspection the horizontal spindle spins up reliably both high and low speed, and in both directions. The vertical spindle will 'catch' occasionally but often times just kind of sit there and jerk around like the phases are wrong, even with no load (belt removed). The few times it does 'catch' it has plenty of power. I'm still debugging I'm not sure if the speed selector switch is messed up or if there is a bigger problem.

The power feed was advertised as being non-functional. So that's last on the list of things to worry about.

The machine feels very solid, I'm looking forward to working with it!

philip
    Philip,

Looks like a nice machine. Very versatile with both spindles.

I'll try to get that done this weekend.
    Please PM me your email address.

Thanks,
    David

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not to further hijack the thread, but are you gents familiar with how the quill power downfeed is supposed to engage?

Mine does not want to stay engaged. Let me try and describe what I'm seeing. The engagement lever slides a shaft horizontally, and it intersects a vertical spring-loaded shaft. That spring loaded shaft is what gets bumped at end of travel to disengage. At the intersection of those shafts there appears to be a free floating block of shiny metal (?) that acts as the engagement? if I unload the spring and pull out the horizontal shaft I can move it around pretty freely.

I'm assuming this block is broken off of something, possibly the horizontal lever. Does that description make sense or do you have any pictures not in this thread?

thanks

philip

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry, I didn't have to fully disassemble that section on my machine, and I don't remember that part in detail.

Hopefully someone else can chime in here and provide some insight.

David

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cobranut View Post
    Sorry, I didn't have to fully disassemble that section on my machine, and I don't remember that part in detail.

Hopefully someone else can chime in here and provide some insight.

David
    So I came back to redact the question. The "free floating block of metal" was the end of the horizontal shaft, broken off. I was able to extract it eventually, TIG it back to its shaft and its working now.

The head of my mill is complete and working now. The shaft that drives the quill had sheared off its key clutching the quill power feed gear engagement, the coiled spring that helps return the head was broken, and as noted above the clutch mechanism for the power feed lever all required fixing, but everything seems to be in good order now.

Next order of business is sliding the table off and seeing what's underneath... thanks in advance for the pictures earlier in the thread.

philip

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Philip,
    Nice that's a early model, i found replacement fuses for my mill. I will find the website and get back to you. Sorry i can not get onto this site very much as my PC is running XP software and i can not log in, when i am at my forks place i can log in with there PC.

Cheers,
    Mark.