What's new
What's new

Rebuilding / Scraping Class in Sweden

Richard King

Diamond
I have been invited to teach a rebuilding class in southern Sweden in August 2014 and have accepted. The class will be held inside a machine tool museum. It will be a weekend class to learn to hand-scrape and basic machine alignment and rebuilding. Then we will do 2 to 3 days extra to hone in on rebuilding machines or scraping. One of my GA class students who flew over from Norway is organizing the class. He was enough people lined up for one week and I told him I would stay an extra week if we could find 8 to 10 more who would be interested.
If you want to hear more please write him, His name is Jan Haugjord, [email protected]
or PM me and I will forward you info to him. I will add more info when I get it. Jan is not a member here yet, but I will ask him to join so he can write. Rich

Hi Rich, I think your man in Norway is the guy I sold my " BIAX " flaker to over Xmas. I'd be interested in some feed back from him re the scraper when he joins the site. Regards Tyrone.

Rich, just had word from Jan that he's happy with my old flaker. I was a bit anxious that everything would go well with the deal. The machine had been great for me but with exporting used electrical tools you never know do you ? I'm really pleased it's gone to a good home and it will be getting regular use again. Thanks for connecting us.

Best Wishes to you both, Tyrone.

I got a long Email from Jan and he discussed the possibility of 2 classes , one in Sweden and one in Norway. He also mentioned the possibility of doing one in the UK as someone from there talked about that too. I told him I raised the price's with concerns to expenses. I told Jan I do not need to stay at the Ritz...as long the room as it's clean, safe, has in-door plumbing ha ha...the internet, private room and a sexy maid..ha ha That would be fine. I can fly comfort coach to save on the $$. I am 6'3" and need to loose a few pounds, so regular coach for 10 hours wold be a bit tight. I would be willing to do the classes for what I charge here in the States. $250.00 to $275.00 a day. Would not mind observers or 1, 2 day students as long as we have 8 to 10 full 3 day students. But if the hotels are $150.00 a day...the ticket is over $1500.00, etc....I will have to charge more.
When i did the 3 day class up in Ashland WI back in 2011 I stayed in a rental house the host owned and was in between renters...I would love to stay at a B&B, as hotel living gets old real fast. In several classes I do not rent a car as I ride with the hosts or a student to the hotel, saves money and I don't like getting lost..ha ha. Also in Euorpe I think they drive on the wrong side of the road....that would be an accident waiting to happen for me...ha ha :-) Rich

He says he has talked with 20 + people. if anyone else wants info contact Jan Haugjord, [email protected] He also has some very informative You Tube posts on scraping. just search his name . Rich

I got a long Email from Jan and he discussed the possibility of 2 classes , one in Sweden and one in Norway. He also mentioned the possibility of doing one in the UK as someone from there talked about that too. I told him I raised the price's with concerns to expenses. I told Jan I do not need to stay at the Ritz...as long the room as it's clean, safe, has in-door plumbing ha ha...the internet, private room and a sexy maid..ha ha That would be fine. I can fly comfort coach to save on the $$. I am 6'3" and need to loose a few pounds, so regular coach for 10 hours wold be a bit tight. I would be willing to do the classes for what I charge here in the States. $250.00 to $275.00 a day. Would not mind observers or 1, 2 day students as long as we have 8 to 10 full 3 day students. But if the hotels are $150.00 a day...the ticket is over $1500.00, etc....I will have to charge more.
When i did the 3 day class up in Ashland WI back in 2011 I stayed in a rental house the host owned and was in between renters...I would love to stay at a B&B, as hotel living gets old real fast. In several classes I do not rent a car as I ride with the hosts or a student to the hotel, saves money and I don't like getting lost..ha ha. Also in Euorpe I think they drive on the wrong side of the road....that would be an accident waiting to happen for me...ha ha :-) Rich

He says he has talked with 20 + people. if anyone else wants info contact Jan Haugjord, [email protected] He also has some very informative You Tube posts on scraping. just search his name . Rich

Just mad dogs and englishmen do drive on the wrong side of the road in Europe (except of course in England ,Scotland and Ireland):D

Back