What's new
What's new

Reconditioning old rewinding machine without manuals

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamech

Plastic
Hello everyone

I am relatively newcomer in the field of machine reconditioning. I participated in several relevant tasks before, but always machine manuals were available. What I am facing now, is an old rewinding machine model "ASHE 45-60" produced by "Ashe Converting Equipment", but the machine has no available manuals, and I am supposed to make it run as before. I tried to search for its manuals over internet, even on sites that sell machine manuals, but still have not reached anything yet.

May question is, are there any advice for this case? how can I mess with machine wiring while there is no manuals telling me that this wire comes from that source and so on? What is the best strategy when dealing with a machine with lost manuals?

thanks

Unless you know what the machine needs to do and when I think rewiring this may be very difficult. But maybe it was just dissassembled and wires removed off the terminals? If the wires are marked can you just rewire back into the prorper locations? If some wires are not marked then you will need to wring them out end to end so then you can mark them.

Is there a chance you can contact the machine mfg.? They may sell you manuals and or help you with service.

My friends run this company-

https://www.aim-inc.net/

I know they service converting machines around the globe, but I don't know what brands. Maybe they can help you if the mfg does not.

Once you get up and running and if you need slitters, feel free to contact my company.

Paper - Knifemaker.com

You need to understand completely the function of this machine. I am not familiar with this manufacturer. But I have rebuilt rewinders before. If you do not understand the machine use, you may have difficulty gutting the wiring and replacing. However, should not be that complicated.

Ask the customer what problems they are having. document the current wiring. Replace one circuit at a time. Call the manufacturers tech support.

Thom J

Hi,

So I think you are asking about the control electrics and how to re wire the machine?

These are the questions I would ask myself

1. Are you competent to carry out this work - do you understand the rules that apply in Egypt ?. In the UK a refurbished machine must be brought up to current standards.

2. How complicated is the machine ? You will need a good understanding of what the machine is supposed to do this will help you greatly.

3. Depending on the age of the electrics it may be easier to design a new control system based on modern practice rather than to try to make really old switch gear work.

Unless you know what the machine needs to do and when I think rewiring this may be very difficult. But maybe it was just dissassembled and wires removed off the terminals? If the wires are marked can you just rewire back into the prorper locations? If some wires are not marked then you will need to wring them out end to end so then you can mark them.

Is there a chance you can contact the machine mfg.? They may sell you manuals and or help you with service.

My friends run this company-

https://www.aim-inc.net/

I know they service converting machines around the globe, but I don't know what brands. Maybe they can help you if the mfg does not.

Once you get up and running and if you need slitters, feel free to contact my company.

Paper - Knifemaker.com

Thanks God, machine wires are "almost" in the right places. The main problem is in some wires that are not known where do they come from and where should they be connected to. I contacted manufacturer of course, but they have not replied, I believe that they may not give support for such old models.

I believe I should contact your friend may be he have a clue. Also thank you for sharing your company profile, I will try keep it in mind if there is opportunity for cooperation!

Hi,

So I think you are asking about the control electrics and how to re wire the machine?

These are the questions I would ask myself

1. Are you competent to carry out this work - do you understand the rules that apply in Egypt ?. In the UK a refurbished machine must be brought up to current standards.

2. How complicated is the machine ? You will need a good understanding of what the machine is supposed to do this will help you greatly.

3. Depending on the age of the electrics it may be easier to design a new control system based on modern practice rather than to try to make really old switch gear work.

1- I believe that yes, knowing that I have participated in revamping CNC machines before and I know the rules here.
2-The machine is not that complicated, but absence of documentation is what makes it so. The owner complains that the 2 servos do not have synchronization in their motion,but when we tried to start the machine I found it does not run at all. Power is there, most modules have their power LEDs on,but machine does not start when you press start button. There is a module that it seems to be an AC drive board and its power led is off, I suspect it greatly, but it is still risky to deal with component that you are not sure about its inputs and outputs, moreover not sure about its function too.
3-you are right, but replacing the whole thing is not very attractive solution you know, but it is the last option if I do not find the manuals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back