What's new
What's new

Rotory table scraping question

carlquib

Aluminum
I'm working on an advance c-14 rotory table. What is the correct procedure to scrape the circular way for the table? I haven't ever scraped one of these. I did my breakup passes in the normal fashion at 90° from each other but that makes it hard to get good coverage on the sides of the circle that I am trying to scrape straight onto. Can you just keep working around the circle and keep your scraping at about a 45° angle to the tangent as you work your way around? The other thing I tried with limited success on these first two passes was to hold the scraper at an angle then scrape straight onto the work piece so the edge could be scraped. I hope I explained that well enough. Any insight into how it should be done?
bf520aa8bd804c97fdf860fd86257042.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

I'm working on an advance c-14 rotory table. What is the correct procedure to scrape the circular way for the table? I haven't ever scraped one of these. I did my breakup passes in the normal fashion at 90° from each other but that makes it hard to get good coverage on the sides of the circle that I am trying to scrape straight onto. Can you just keep working around the circle and keep your scraping at about a 45° angle to the tangent as you work your way around? The other thing I tried with limited success on these first two passes was to hold the scraper at an angle then scrape straight onto the work piece so the edge could be scraped. I hope I explained that well enough. Any insight into how it should be done?
bf520aa8bd804c97fdf860fd86257042.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
There is no"RIGHT" way....and many wrong ways.... Do whatever is comfortable for you...and cross your cuts.
John Fahnestock
J&L Scraping Service

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Back