What's new
What's new

Rust Remover?

Brian Albin

Plastic
Hello,
I searched for "Rust" in thread titles in this Scraping & Reconditioning forum and got the "no matches found" reply.

Would it be a good thing to stick a "Rust Removal Methods" thread to the top of this forum?
Users could post their favorite chemicals or other methods.
I know little about which chemicals are effective, or are safe to not pit or further corrode the base metal; so a list of favorites would be useful to me.

Thanks, Brian

Really not hard to figure out, you could use anything from abrasives, to vinegar, and other stronger acids. You could use HCL, but probably would want to dilute and with any acid you should neutralize once finished.

Search all forums at the same time using the following keywords: Evaporust, Phosphoric acid, Electrolytic rust removal, Rust removal, Derusting.

Use the Search located on the blue bar right below the Practical Machinist logo (vs. searching individual forums). It's on the top of the page. The tabs there are: Home - Forum- e-Zine - Resources - Search - Advertise - Contact US.

You'll have a few days worth of reading.

Thank you, Michael.
That is what I was doing wrong. Searching individual forums for various topics has in each case given me the "No Matches Found" result.
But searching the entire forum is now working for me.
Thanks, Brian

Back