What's new
What's new

September 2020 Springfield VT scraping class

Warren

Cast Iron
Hello all,
It's been a while since I posted anything here. I have been mostly offline for a while pursuing other endeavors. Occasionally checking in to see what's happening. I hope everyone is well and coping with the Covid shutdown best they can and have stayed healthy. Nevertheless Richard King & I have decided to hold another class together in Springfield VT.

The dates for the class are Wed Sept 16 to Sunday Sept 23. This format seems to work the best for us. It will once again be held at the Gear Works facility In Springfield. Which is a former Fellows Gear Shaper plant building. Don Shattuck the owner of Gear Works will be our host.

The last three classes have been successful with a mix of hobbyists, machinists, machine tool builders and even an apprentice from Watervaliet Arsenal in NY. For new students We will cover basic scraping theory, tools and techniques. both in the classroom and in the shop. With a lot of shop time working on a project. If we have returning students we will cover more advanced techniques as required.

For more information it would be best to contact either Richard or myself by email directly. I will try to monitor this post as best I can, however I am flat out in my repair business and screen time is limited. email will find me faster.

My email [email protected] or Richard can be reached at [email protected]

Cheers
Warren

Thanks Warren.

I thought I would share this as the format of all my classes follow this. We now do a mixture of Basic & Advanced classes, so if your a rookie with no experience or a Journeyman please attend.
This was done last year. YouTube

It looks like this class will be canceled. Ill give it until next Monday. Try to reschedule it in 2021.

Hi All,

Richard has just confirmed this with me, there is no interest at this time for a September class. Frankly with the current Wuhan Virus thing still lurking about causing problems and hampering travel it is probably the best thing. As soon as things return to whatever the new normal is I will see if we can put together another class. It will not be any sooner than spring of 2021.

Cheers all
Warren

Back