What's new
What's new

Shizuoka AN-S need help tramming head

Juanitocnc

Plastic
Hi all, I bought a Shizuoka AN -S about a year ago, converted to smoothstepper/gecko controls and finally got it operational somewhat. I have successfully been able to run a few programs and seemed ok, but I noticed when I used a fly cutter one side of the cut is way off, cuts deeper than the other as it turns, so I checked the tramming of the head/spindle and its definitely off a degree or so, problem is I cant seem to figure out how to rotate the head, I loosened up the 1 but on the right side of the round vertical base which appeared to be what locks the angular movement but it doesnt budge at all, I tried looking in manual but it's just parts and drawings, has no mention of adjustments etc. Anyone have an AN-S that has been able to tram it? Any help is appreciated as it's really a nice machine just cant see the point of putting more time into it if it's going to be way off.

Thank you.

I know this thread is old, but I am in the same boat with my Shizuoka AN-S mill I need to Tram it but cannot figure out how. I have one nut and bolt on the right side of the head, unlike my Bridgeport that has the adjustment nut, my Shizuoka AN-S mill does not have anything resembling an adjustment nut. Has anyone figured it out yet?

Back