What's new
What's new

Steel/Cast layout tables FS.

bsg

Titanium
I know of a couple of large steel/cast tables available, I don't know if these have any value anymore or do people just turn them into welding tables now?
IIRC, one table is 3' x 4' and the other is 5' x 6', I could be wrong on the sizes, I don't know the condition either, scraped or ground and or how flat?
I don't own them but can put you in touch with the owner, if your interested I can forward his contact info!

I would hate to see these scrapped!

Kevin

Bought a 3’ x 5’ cast top table from a friend’s shop closing. Darn useful, and not just for welding ;-)

L7

Given the poster's location, they are likely Challenge layout tables for a Portage layout machine. They often have narrow v groove grids for wheels to run and drill bushings for accurate machine repositioning. The flatness spec I often saw was .005. I have a 4 x 8 I have covered in plywood for a workbench. A previous owner used it as a place to strike an arc.

Given the poster's location, they are likely Challenge layout tables for a Portage layout machine. They often have narrow v groove grids for wheels to run and drill bushings for accurate machine repositioning. The flatness spec I often saw was .005. I have a 4 x 8 I have covered in plywood for a workbench. A previous owner used it as a place to strike an arc.

These are probably Challenge plates, there were tons of them before scrap went to $500 a ton years ago!
They are not for portage layout machines, IIRC, these have the tapped holes on the end for lifting and spotting?

I still have four of the portage layout machines with readouts, but I scrapped the tables when scrap was high!

I will try and get pictures of these when I have a chance.....BTW, they are on stands, one with wheels?

Kevin

I have a 48x60 Challenge table with the 2 holes for lifting eyes. Makes a real nice table to set up tools and check parts surrounded by 6 CNC mills and lathes.

I paid $80 for mine last year with minor dings around the perimeter. I would buy another one for that price without a thought.

Back