Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Alberta
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I did eventually get all the paint and goop off. Richard i followed your advice regarding tractor paint. The only paint I could source was john deere branded. I tried brush on and spray cans. The cans left a nicer finish that seemed more durable. The main body is green and some components will be yellow as these are the inly colors available. It will look like a tractor i guess when its done. Still lots of clean up. The foot broke off when i was rolling it. It was previously jb welded on. Once its in place ill re do it and paint over. Ill start assembling what i can next weekend while im waiting for the table to come back.
    20190805_182237.jpg

2. Likes michiganbuck, Grinder74, Richard King liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard King View Post
    Maybe we should start a new thread in the abrasive section and go into these tips. Many will never see them in here..Buck you are well known...maybe you should start it.
    Richard, who knows were this might go but I started writing down much/many of my grinding thoughts and techniques . Agree there are many old salts here who could do the same, but I am doing it. So far close to 30 pages and with photos or sketches likely 40 pages. Likely double that number down the pike. Who knows a pamphlet or a book might result.
    Buck

4. Likes ballen, cyanidekid, TGTool, rustytool liked this post
    Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Alberta
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I picked up my parts from the machine repair shop. Ill post some pics later. I reassembled the column and spindle. I removed all the grease and dirt then coated the ways with way oil prior to assembling. Im pretty sure I have all the parts for my one shot oiler. Once i repaint the table pieces I should be ready to fully assemble. I still need to grab some grease fittings from mcmaster carr.
    20190816_170018.jpg

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Alberta
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here are some pics of the ways i got rescraped.
    20190818_191138.jpg
    20190818_191133.jpg
    20190818_191128.jpg

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Alberta
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I installed the oiler and i have some questions. 2 of the hoses terminate into holes in the housing for different spindles that do not seem to reach the actual spindle. It seems to only reach the putside of the pivot bushing. The other spindle hole goes all the way to the spindle. It is a different style. When i fill the two channels with oil it does not seem to go down. I am wondering if maybe there is a small hole i cant see that serves to lubricate the shafts or maybe the bushings rotated somehow. Is this normal? When i use the oiler these two channels only seem to overflow and make a mess. Am I missing something? When i took it apart this is where the lines were terminated. Im not sure if they were oem or not. Thanks.
    20190818_191103.jpg
    20190818_193509.jpg

Country
    GERMANY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Stang Bladeworks View Post
    Here are some pics of the ways i got rescraped.
    Could you post a few close-ups? If you get the light hitting it at the right angle we can better see what was done.