What's new

Thought I Would Put This Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

seagiant

Cast Iron
Hi,
I found this in my wanderings.

I have a hard copy of the Connelly Book, but can't find a hard copy of this one?

Found this PDF so thought I would pass it on for those interested?

I took a 3 day class from Michael Morgan years ago and still have a 25" Camel back straight edge to finish...

Trying to get back in the game I guess, now that I am retired?

https://ia600104.us.archive.org/20/...curacy/Foundations_of_Mechanical_Accuracy.pdf

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 172
Hi,
I found this in my wanderings.

I have a hard copy of the Connelly Book, but can't find a hard copy of this one?

Found this PDF so thought I would pass it on for those interested?

I took a 3 day class from Michael Morgan years ago and still have a 25" Camel back straight edge to finish...

Trying to get back in the game I guess, now that I am retired?

https://ia600104.us.archive.org/20/...curacy/Foundations_of_Mechanical_Accuracy.pdf

I don't feel bad downloading your PDF as I bought the book and the other book...

The PDF is a bit more convenient than trashing what is essentially a $200 coffee table book. [+ excellent technical info that is actionable.]. (Thanks for that).

The book design is better without the dust cover on IMO.

Shame they used such cheap printers for the book as the plates lack depth and tonality / doesn't do the technical photography justice , like the multiple exposures etc.

What-cha-gonna scrape ? :-)

Hi,
At the moment I have to finish my Camel Back in the pic above and I have an old angle plate I need to refurb.

The angle will teach me not only flatness but correct angle also. (90 degrees)

Then there are a couple of old 40's drill presses to rebuild.

Nothing exciting for now but would like to do a clapped out small lathe if one comes along one day!

You can buy that book from Moore Special Tools in Bridgeport CT. I just bought 2 copies last February for around $200.00 each. That book is still in Print as is the Connelly book and I know the Connelly copywrite owner sues people who copy it. I sell the Connelly book as well as a DVD or Flash Drive stick on How to Scrape. I sell them on Ebay or PM me and I can give the Forum Members a discount.

The Connelly book owner should then take a look at the copy on Hobby-Machinist.com. Nelson put it there of all ppl. I had emailed the copyright owners but never got a reply.
I have access to the hard copies of both books, excellent reading/learning materials.

You can buy that book from Moore Special Tools in Bridgeport CT. I just bought 2 copies last February for around $200.00 each. That book is still in Print as is the Connelly book and I know the Connelly copywrite owner sues people who copy it. I sell the Connelly book as well as a DVD or Flash Drive stick on How to Scrape. I sell them on Ebay or PM me and I can give the Forum Members a discount.

Hi,
That's cheap I guess, saw this at Amazon!

https://www.amazon.com/Foundations-...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B0006CAKT8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back