What's new
What's new

Turcite uk

pressbrake1

Stainless
Hello I need some turcite, I’m in the uk
Birmingham Machine Tools won’t sell to the public anymore and friendly Brian at Slideway services has retired. Need some fancy glue as well
Regards pb

Hello I need some turcite, I’m in the uk
Birmingham Machine Tools won’t sell to the public anymore and friendly Brian at Slideway services has retired. Need some fancy glue as well
Regards pb

i have gone to hardware store and prepaid plus 20% (for hardware store)and the hardware store ordered stuff which i picked up at hardware store when a business refuses to sell to individuals. in USA Grainger stores are often like that refuses to sell to individuals that walk into store even willing to pay cash.
i believe its a sales tax issue. they dont want to bother collecting sales tax which businesses dont have to pay.
many smaller hardware stores are closing cause people go to the hugh home depot type stores. little stores often will order stuff if all it requires is 5 minutes of their time to order and they make like $20. or more for their time to order
some industrial supply companies will sell to individuals. those that sell tooling and bearings and stuff. not everybody like Graingers. of course they charge and make money on small orders. they often will combine your order with other orders so you might have to wait. often company that manufactures the items has minimum order requirements. some companies they charge $200. just to fill out order paperwork on top of what you pay to buy stuff. they do to discourage small orders

Iam a business so I think it’s because bmt sell more than they use and have decided no more!

my company buys turcite and turcite epoxy from same place that runs tool crib that buys cutting tools and grinding wheels and other industrial stuff. seeing how company buys over a $1,000,000 in stuff per year they are willing to order almost anything else. of course they make money on it.
epoxy goes bad when old, usually there is a expiration date on the box. just saying they wont keep a lot locally. they order it and i have to wait the week or 2 for it to get delivered.

I couldn't find any and ended up buying Marlon. BMT told me there was a supply problem for Turcite over here.

Bit of a thread update.
I decided not to deal with unislide for reasons I will not post publicly, so I decided to try chinesium turcite which Ive heard good reports about.
1.5mmx4” strip 6’ long was £45 delivered opposed to the £100 per foot quoted by a engineering plastics company.

I found out why Birmingham machine tool wouldn’t sell me any..
Ive just purchased a 12’ Churchill way grinder to find out I need to collect from the now former bmts factory!
That means the only way grinder services left in the UK will be blue diamond who are excellent Unislide and myself, a very sad situation 6BD79EDA-58E0-453B-8277-499EE2F5B39E.jpg

I've just purchased a 12’ Churchill way grinder to find out I need to collect from the now former bmts factory!

Congrats!! If the machine has been maintained and the ways are in good shape, that will give you a tremendous ability to restore worn-out machinery. Do you have a proper place to install it? Any specific plans, what you will use it for?

Why Turcite? Try Vesconite Hilube. They have a distributor in the UK. And US.

I have used them on various lathes and mills. Conventional and CNC.

Sent from my BV6800Pro using Tapatalk

Congrats!! If the machine has been maintained and the ways are in good shape, that will give you a tremendous ability to restore worn-out machinery. Do you have a proper place to install it? Any specific plans, what you will use it for?
Just hoping for the planets to align.
Will do machine tool repair but its main use will not be, if there was money in way grinding the machine would have not come up for sale!

Its all going wrong! Main road was put in directly in front of premises after machine was installed and I cannot get anyone to take on moving job!

Blocking the main road and loading in such a area
I can’t afford an escalation of costs

Had a similar challenge, 90 Longacre, edge of Covent Garden, 1994. Wiser Head Office FM solved it by engaging a Gay couple as Architects and General Contractors. Their hired help all spoke Russian, but may not have BEEN Russian-Russians.

Best I could figure, the leaders wudda had influence in Government (you know Britain's ruling classes?) whilst nobody wanted to interfere with the labour force, either.

Job got done. On time. On budget. No hassle.

Last edited:
If it is where google earth says the company is, can you poke it out the rear into that bus parking terminal? There must be access into that building somewhere other then that pissy tiny door at the front. Or what google maps shows me.

Back