What's new
What's new

Two-part paint gun operation adjustment ease when painting different objects.

rons

Diamond
What paint gun is easy to adjust on the fly when paint objects that are more involved than a simple panel.
Does Sata have the best hand controls, like the fan adjustment and pressure control. It can all be done
with the hand holding the gun. Other brands require a second hand to turn the air at the bottom of the handle.

Was the Sata design done for one hand operation? If so, customer feedback over the years?

Last edited:
What paint gun is easy to adjust on the fly when paint objects that are more involved than a simple panel.
Does Sata have the best hand controls, like the fan adjustment and pressure control. It can all be done
with the hand holding the gun. Other brands require a second hand to turn the air at the bottom of the handle.

Was the Sata design done for one hand operation? If so, customer feedback over the years?

I was in a Tech school automotive program, where we did a lot of painting. I had the below Sata 4000 B digital HVLP gravity feed gun.

sata.jpg

I sold it after graduation from the program because I wanted an Iwata Supernova. Sata are great guns but it depends on your style of painting. If you like a fast gun, then the Sata is a good choice. I am slow and methodical so I want the Iwata. I also prefer the fan pattern on the Iwata over the Sata.

Yes, you can spray the Sata or any HVLP gravity feed gun with one hand. I haven't seen anyone use both hands.

You set the fan pattern and air pressure before you start spraying, by testing out on a large piece of paper. We never adjusted the gun while in the process of spraying vehicles. If the paint is not laying down properly, you adjust and test on paper. I sprayed primer filler, primer sealer, base-coat and clear-coat with the Sata; only solvent based paint. I sprayed waterborne paint with the Iwata, and it laid down very nicely the first time I sprayed. Some Sata guns are solvent only, mine was both.

This YouTuber is the best when it comes to HVLP spraying.
The Gunman - YouTube

I am a member in the below forum; they specialize in HVLP spraying. The folks on this forum are one of your best sources for advice.
Southern Polyurethanes Forum

Back