What's new
What's new

Under the skin of Haas VF-1

Demon69

Titanium
So weve lots of good info in this forum about scraping /alignment etc. Not so much on the newer stuff like linear rails, a subject im ignorant off.
Although the video shows the build up of a new machine, theres a fair bit on setup/alignment and general process. I found it an interesting watch so thought id throw it up.

How We Build The VF-1 Today - Haas Automation, Inc.

Enjoy.

That was pretty cool
How do they sell 350 VF1/2 per month? That’s a butt load

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You would think they would at least use a tenths indicator for the video. I liked the robots loading the tables and saddles.

It seems surprising they can lay linear rails on milled surfaced without grinding, liquid shim etc and get proper straightness, parallelism etc. Those mills they have doing the cutting must be very well setup.

L

You musta been using a 1/10ths indicator! :D

Seriously tho, what sort of issues did you have? Ive no view on HAAS as being a decent machine tool. :o

You would clock your Bridgeport better than a haas
If we ever meet one day I ll explain the unpleasantness as it would take too long typing one finger style!

Interesting video, the guy putting the spindle together should read the instructions of the dial indicator he is using. He must have his indicator needle at 25° angle to the work he is inspecting.

Back